Author Topic: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe  (Read 12048 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »
Thanks Daniel

Yes i can send you the coin entry images if you want.. no worries at all ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
After a month of dormancy with this project, i thought it was time for an update...

More coin door work... as i said before, some parts were missing from the coin door, including the 2nd coin switch actuator. 1st pic shows the donor mech, freshly ratted from the Superstar coindoor... nice n rusty!! And the 2nd pic shows the same mech after a soaking in Ranex rustbuster, and a bit of a sand with wet n dry and a polishing with Autosol.. much betterer me thinks!! :D

Last two pics show the coindoor wiring harness and the start of the re-wiring of the door. The wire for the 2nd coin switch was missing so it had to be replaced, i used wire from the Superstar playfield, also i replaced the wire for the 1st coin switch as well, using similar colours to the originals, as marked on the schematic.

while running the new wires, i discovered a cut off yellow(?) wire on the plug... i dont really know what this would've been for, as there is no mention of it on the schematic  !@# !@# Im thinking maybe it was for a coin lockout coil??

Can anyone reading this, who might have a Zac EM tell me if their game has a lockout coil??

Anyway i added a new wire to the harness... maybe i'll work it out later on.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »
more pics... While i was on the wiring job, i did some tidying up if the left flipper switch and credit button wiring that needed to be done. the green ground wire will be attached underneath one of the door hinge mounting nuts.

and the last pic shows the coin door wiring finished #*#

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2010, 11:49:06 PM »
and lastly some before and after pics of the adjustment instruction card for the coin mechs, that i decided to reproduce..

dont ya love the spelling of ADJUSTMENT  :lol

I could've easily changed it in photostudio when i scanned the original card, but decided on the "keep it original" thing!

Now i can start on the playfield... STAY TUNED!!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

Nice work there Mitch !

I usually replace the cards that are in the cabinet with the yellowed originals. I just laminate them. But having seen yours, I think I might try scanning, printing and laminating -  *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
Now he is an idea's man

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
After a month of dormancy with this project, i thought it was time for an update...

Can anyone reading this, who might have a Zac EM tell me if their game has a lockout coil??

Gday Mitch
Just checked my Zac Moonflight EM and it doesn't have a coin lockout coil

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »

Gday Mitch
Just checked my Zac Moonflight EM and it doesn't have a coin lockout coil

Cheers
Dave

Thanks for that Dave ^^^ Now i just need to work out what that extra wire is for... it 'll shit me til i find out now  :lol

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
PLAYFIELD RESTORE;

Well yesterday i made a start on the playfield, removing everything from the top side and giving a bit of a cleanup with Prepsol (1st pic) to get a look at what i have to do. There was very little to do in the way of touchups, this will easily be the quickest, and easiest PF resto i've ever done!!

There was some fine vertical planking around the top and right bumpers, and a few ball swirl marks in the yellow in front of the slingshots, which i cleaned up as much as possible with magic eraser and Isocol. Came up pretty sweet i think.. nice n easy $#$

The last 3 pics are of after the cleanup with the Isocol and ME. In these pics i'd already had a go at the yellow near the flippers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:17:20 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »
Okay.. 1st and 2nd pic, the wear from the flipper drag i had to fix, before and after, done with waterbased acrylic.

Next two the orange before and after. Nice n easy!! The whole playfield will be mylared when im done.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
More pics... The first two show the lettering above the top kickout hole, before and after, done using a sharpie pen.

And final two pics for now.. where im at with the playfield. all cleaned and nearly ready for the mylar! i just have to reglue a few loose inserts and touch up the black around them and im done.. YAY  $#$
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:19:39 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
Looks Sweet Mitch !
I noticed with my Moonflight that the insert holes are not routed thru the whole playfield , just deep enough for the inserts to fit so they can't fall thru the playfield  ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks for that Dave ^^^ Now i just need to work out what that extra wire is for... it 'll shit me til i find out now  :lol
[/quote]

Just had another look at the door on Moonflight and have a yellow wire soldered to the base of the left coin insert lamp.
Thats the only yellow wire I can see on my door.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
PLAYFIELD RESTORE CONTINUED;

All of the inserts were checked and reglued as needed. I use PVA woodglue to do this, and seems to hold the inserts in place well, and gives plenty of time to level them before the glue dries. ALL of the star inserts in th 1st pic had to be reglued as the were very loose.

The bonus inserts (2nd pic) were all still firmly in place and level except for one, which was reglued.  I retouched the black lines arount the inserts using acrylic paint and a fine brush. I had initially done these in sharpie pen ink, but didnt like the way they looked... Sharpie pen ink has a purpley tinge to it whe viewed at certain angles, and stands out like a 3rd nut on a greyhound! Very little was needed in the way of touchup work on this playfield.. definitely the easiest and quickest playfield touchup work i've ever done!!

Next i measured up and cut out the new mylar. The 3rd pic shows the mylar being test fitted to the playfield, and the last pic shows the mylar being applied, half done. I started fron the apron end, rubbing side to side with one hand to stick the mylar down while pulling the paper backing with the other hand.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »
After the mylar was on, and before the protective plastic coating was removed i burnished the mylar down onto the playfield, by using the back of a table spoon so rub the mylar down nice and hard onto the playfield. The 1st pic shows this, and you can see where i've been with the spoon where the rubbing marks are on the plastic backing on the mylar, which i remove after this step.

And finally the end results!! From stripping the components from the surface, to this, took about 2 days start to finish!!
next i'll rebuild the bumper and flippers and start reassembly.. the fun part  $#$
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:43:28 PM by Mr Pinbologist »