Author Topic: Stern Price Comparison - Price Watch  (Read 24489 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern Price Comparison - Price Watch
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:28:28 PM »
instead of discussing the prices of things going up in the Whoa Nellie Release thread I though it would be interesting to state the current and past pricing trend of pins. There was comments in that thread that AMD just charge what they are charged which is speculation just as this is, but I thought this thread is a better place for the discussion. In addition have some clear figures allowing us to look at a more accurate price estimate or a formula of such.

eg - WWE MSRP is $5495 and this equates to $7065 AUD at todays rate and the retail price here is $7850 = about a 11% increase.

of course this is speculation as we do not know what AMD pays but if the US dealers can drop a pin price $500 - $1000 of a MSRP and still make some money, I think AMD are doing ok.

so keeping with that same formula of sorts WNBJM will be $6499 USD = $8360 AUD today x 1.11 = $9280 as an estimate.

If we don't talk prices from time to time and just accept what is given to us we are the ones that loose out, as well as the 2nd hand market as when NIB prices go up so do all the second hand market pins.

As for buying a pin from AMD, when I can afford it, and is a pin I love I will make a fair dinkum enquiry, but since I have never bought a NIB he isn't going to look after me like he can look after you with multiple purchases which I accept..

Also if AMD can have 2 dealers that sell roughly at the same price as AMD and they still earn money, AMD are effectively making more money if you buy direct off them and they can afford to give a discount to the repeat customers.

This is just mere speculation to get people thinking about high high they are willing to go.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts