Author Topic: Bally Bingo Cypress Gardens  (Read 14277 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Bally Bingo Cypress Gardens
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:56:40 AM »
Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies.
I sort of knew where I was going with the Cypress, now I am not sure.
I didn't expect a backglass to be available, but now only a day later, there are 2.

Ddstoys, I am interested in talking to about your backglass, is that the one in Strangeways link? Also, what are the fun machines glasses you mention?

Strangeways, I should also talk to you about your backglass, is it the plexiglass shown in the link. The link you posted is fantastic, I believe this was once one of your fathers machines. I live in Melbourne and the machine came from Brunswick. My playfield is all green except around the holes and numbers with the same white diamond. The same ss covers were on the 2 front corners (now removed).
If someome can tell me how to post a pic I will put it on here with some progress shot from time to time.
Are the playfields converted to bats? I haven't seen the red covers before and you still have the shooter.
Yes I have Richards video set but need to get his hair color (hair too).

Andy

Dad installed the SS panels so the artwork was concealed. When these machines were being viewed as "gambling devices" there was an easy way to solve the issue - SS paned and place the games behind a curtain in a back room. These "back rooms" were in Carlton, Brunswick, Thornbury, Northcote Reservoir and Moonee Ponds. The original siderails were removed as they could be removed easily. Some had bats and some didn't. They were converted to remove the ability for the player to adjust the tension of the ball speed. Again, to foil the authorities - it became a game of "chance". The legs were sometimes removed and replaced with steel legs as they copped a pounding on site.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia