Author Topic: FRUSTRATED!  (Read 3699 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: FRUSTRATED!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »
The employees and other hangers on who supposedly work at the unmentioned business instead of doing their job competently spend all their time on the other forum lapdogging to the leadership in the hope of getting their boss back in as a commercial sponsor.  %.%

The last order I made (albeit a long time ago) from this business was for a set of chrome flipper buttons. I received chrome flipper bats instead and after contacting them was told no replacement would be sent until the wrong parts they sent were returned at my cost and the new parts sent (at my cost). Never again.

Order from RTBB for your urgent parts, order from the US for the parts not available locally for a sensible price.

I have bought from Marco and Pinballlife as the alternative if RTBB don't have them. Marco only got a few things wrong once but they said keep the original parts and sent the new ones with free postage. No problems with pinballlife. Only bad thing is the dollar is against us now but some of the Aussie alternatives are not cheap.

The dollar is going to have to drop a lot further to have any sort of impact when you have comparable prices like this, swinks.

Local:
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/14-7969.html

US (I ordered this exact part recently and the shipping cost was $22 and was here in 12 days):
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7969

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:46:01 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Sinbad79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
The employees and other hangers on who supposedly work at the unmentioned business instead of doing their job competently spend all their time on the other forum lapdogging to the leadership in the hope of getting their boss back in as a commercial sponsor.  %.%

The last order I made (albeit a long time ago) from this business was for a set of chrome flipper buttons. I received chrome flipper bats instead and after contacting them was told no replacement would be sent until the wrong parts they sent were returned at my cost and the new parts sent (at my cost). Never again.

Order from RTBB for your urgent parts, order from the US for the parts not available locally for a sensible price.

I hear similar stories over and over, its not good enough.
According to my '94 Williams Parts Manual, 3" flipper bat rubber part# 23-6519-4, this is what i got......

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
Old rubber on top
New rubber below.

New rubber does not fit.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »
Since the hangers-on lurk on this forum , Iwould just like to say 'G'day' to them

$.$ <..>  %)%
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:01:16 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
Since the hangers-on lurk on this forum , Iwould just like to say 'G'day' to them

$.$ <..>  %)%

Pete's back!

&&

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 03:39:30 PM »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
I have ordered from Mark in Aust, Terry from USA, Jeff n Crystal from USA plus many many others and have never got one order wrong out of probably 100. I have been lucky.
I will say that I have always made a phonecall or a sent a email to check on stock availability before sending money.

Have the people who have been let down ever phoned the owner for a chat to sort out the problem. Sometimes people are happier to go beyond and above if they hear constructive criticism.

Those taking pot shots at the owner for political reasons should consider the person is not on here to defend themself.
Attacking people who can't defend themself is un Australian in my view.
Let's debate pinball with passion and sometimes give our debate partner a little bit of ribbing, but personality assassination is not what makes the forum a great place.

There are a lot of excellent pinball parts suppliers in Australia. Try them all.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:12:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »

Sometimes people are happier to go beyond and above if they hear constructive criticism.

Not sure why members should have to do more when the wrong parts come -  people getting the wrong stuff and having to pay postage to get the wrong stuff back to the sender - I don't think fixing this at the retailer's cost is "above and beyond" - it's the most basic of customer service.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:16 PM »
Its a huge PITA when orders are incorrect.

Two short weeks ahead, IF they make good on the parts, i'll at best have the machine running in 2 weeks from today, and if i was an operator i'd be furious!

Thats not a good customer experience.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »
agree with you pinsanity it still is cheaper to buy from overseas - hell I ordered a heap of inserts from Marco and could get 5-6 inserts for the price of one in Aus, my order priority goes:
1. RTBB
2. Pinballlife
3. Marco

- pinballlife refund any over paid postal costs
- marco have improved of late with postage costs and have a heap of parts at reasonable prices.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
Its a huge PITA when orders are incorrect.

Two short weeks ahead, IF they make good on the parts, i'll at best have the machine running in 2 weeks from today, and if i was an operator i'd be furious!

Thats not a good customer experience.

but sometimes you need to just go with the flow, no point getting revved up and stressing, I am sure if they are generic part a local pinballer can lend you a part.

if you go off at people they will just slow down, better to bite the tongue sometimes and smile and move on to the next game.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:36:32 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »
Ordinarily i would agree, but this isnt the first time this has happened - and its not just flipper rubbers that were incorrect.

While i havent attacked them on a personal level, if it goes unrectified then that speaks volumes about their ethics, doesnt it?

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
Simple in the end....vote with your wallets people.  Those that offer excellent and consistent service get my money.  Once bitten I remember, twice bitten....there will never be the chance of a third time.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
Simple in the end....vote with your wallets people.  Those that offer excellent and consistent service get my money.  Once bitten I remember, twice bitten....there will never be the chance of a third time.

Spot on.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 05:37:47 PM »
Simple in the end....vote with your wallets people.  Those that offer excellent and consistent service get my money.  Once bitten I remember, twice bitten....there will never be the chance of a third time.

totally agree, move on and depends what it is I would pay a little more for the better service

for pinball t-shirts