Author Topic: FRUSTRATED!  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: FRUSTRATED!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
The employees and other hangers on who supposedly work at the unmentioned business instead of doing their job competently spend all their time on the other forum lapdogging to the leadership in the hope of getting their boss back in as a commercial sponsor.  %.%

The last order I made (albeit a long time ago) from this business was for a set of chrome flipper buttons. I received chrome flipper bats instead and after contacting them was told no replacement would be sent until the wrong parts they sent were returned at my cost and the new parts sent (at my cost). Never again.

Order from RTBB for your urgent parts, order from the US for the parts not available locally for a sensible price.

I hear similar stories over and over, its not good enough.
According to my '94 Williams Parts Manual, 3" flipper bat rubber part# 23-6519-4, this is what i got......

This is the common denominator that I've very quickly learned in the 3 days RTBB has returned. We all knew how good Greg's reputation was with customers. The emails I've received have been amazing. So proud of what he achieved and the respect and integrity of the man. Such a hard act to follow !

If there's a part that someone needs - and the TAF motor is a good example - shoot us an email and we will look at stocking that part. Obviously it will be priced correctly.

Three days of solid picking and packing  @@^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 07:45:31 PM »
I think I have purchased from 'he who must not be named' and have had problems. Where is the pinball Harry Potter when you need him. Btw 'he who must not be named' does not give a rats if you don't buy from him again. He looks for new suckers every day and there are lots of us around and he knows it.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re:
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
Mistakes will happen, regardless of how hard you try.  As mentioned earlier it's how you deal with that mistake is what sets you apart

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 08:43:28 PM »

Sometimes people are happier to go beyond and above if they hear constructive criticism.

Not sure why members should have to do more when the wrong parts come -  people getting the wrong stuff and having to pay postage to get the wrong stuff back to the sender - I don't think fixing this at the retailer's cost is "above and beyond" - it's the most basic of customer service.

When dealing with humans expect some mistakes.
Then you phone up the owner and speak to him about the mistake.
Then the owner has the chance to go over and beyond the standard to fix the problems.
Communication in business goes a long way.
I wouldn't consider sitting at home with the wrong parts and doing nothing but sulking or having the shits to be classed as communication.

If someone wants something fixed they usually pick up the phone.
No business is perfect. No business or human working in it will ever be perfect.
Getting the wrong pinball part once or twice a year is not a life threatening event.

This thread shouldn't turn into an advertisement for RTBB no matter who owns it and whatever it's recent history is.
That would be tacky. Gregs/Ninos RTBB doesn't need anyone else's business names to be dragged down to lift his. His reputation was built on what he did well, no what others did poorly.

My comments are not directed at either MOD but just anyone else who takes pot shots at PSP.
It's just not fair cricket to rubbish one business and  At the same time to promote another which some think is OK.
If all the people were able to defend themselves on the forum, then it wouldnt seem so stinky to me.
Martyjs comments above are spot on.

How about someone start a thread sharing their recent and successfull parts purchases from whatever company they dealt with. There are many great companies out there. No such thing as a mistake free company. Lol but a lot of great parts companies.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:51:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wiked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I have had stuff go wrong from every pinball parts place in Australia. It happens. Forgetting something in an order...wrong parts..extra stuff I didn't order and didn't want and other stuff. 

Asking you to fork out for the shipping back isn't good though.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
Okay, here's a positive anecdote.

BAA made a mistake on my order for a magnet pole for a CV as part of a larger order. They sent one for a WCS which is a slightly different height and thus couldn't be used on a CV.

After making contact through their online support ticket system there was no attempt at deflection or filibustering demands to return the item first like the local supplier.

Instead they apologised for their error and immediately sent a replacement that day at their cost by Fedex International Priority from California. The postage cost for which would have been 10X more than the part itself.

Compare that to the local who wouldn't shell out <$10 for postage from Victoria to SA in order to preserve his own hubris or to cover up the incompetence of his staff.

Too many in the local pinball retail side of things down here act like they are doing us a favour even stocking product for us to buy.

RTBB was and I am sure will continue to remain one of the few exceptions to this and it shows in this thread by the almost universal support he received.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »
Greg ALWAYS got my orders wrong.
Buy 100 LED bulbs and receive 120..
Buy 10 TAF plungers and get a coil thrown in also
Buy post rubbers and get an extra handful.....

Postage was always correct though...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »

Classic man! Same here, and always scrawled in the corner of the packing box was "nicks crap".
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
I think most will know who 'he who must not be named' is being shamed here  *)*
Allot would have experienced the same thing, I know I certainly have a couple of times !
I'm about 1.5 hours away from the location of  'he who must not be named', so I try line things up for when I'm over that way, kill 2 birds & pick my order up.
This I know what I'm taking home with me  *%*

As stated I made a couple of order online & paid for the postage, when it arrived a few parts were missing, then other parts that I didn't want or need were thrown in as replacement lol WTF !
Wouldn't it be better to send a email to say what had happened and at least give me a choice of what I wanted to do ? Either choose parts that I do or may need, or a refund of the out of stock parts.

That business doesn't deserve anyone's support, one day the suckers will dry up & be few and far between  &&

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:06 PM »
I've used the three major pinball suppliers in Melbourne and haven't had good experiences from two of them. One in particular was quite a difficult transaction, but given the recent circumstances I won't go into details. If I were to order any parts again, it would be through Pinball Life. The Aussie suppliers could learn a lot from Terry and his crew.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »
Several reasons for purchasing parts domestically..

..You should receive your parts quicker.. problem is that Aus Post is really slow!... Im ordering stuff from China and USA and its getting here quicker than a parcel from Perth ( happened only today! 6 neon transformers from USA posted on Sat 21st March arrived today.... High temp food grade pump posted Perth 20th March also arrived today)

Combined costs + shipping should be cheaper... but if Marco and ilk have dropped their silly P+P costs then this is negated.

You are supporting your local industries... but if they are not supporting you then bugger them!

This isn't a dig at anyone.. just a basic listing of facts and if local vendors cant do at least 1 of the reasons above then why bother?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »
I notice the hangers-on have read the tread and reported it to their master

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 12:36:51 PM »

When dealing with humans expect some mistakes.
Then you phone up the owner and speak to him about the mistake.
Then the owner has the chance to go over and beyond the standard to fix the problems.
Communication in business goes a long way.
I wouldn't consider sitting at home with the wrong parts and doing nothing but sulking or having the shits to be classed as communication.

In short,

i called
explained the errors
explained i wont wear return shipping costs
sent him an email with photos

he
has not responded
does not give a shit

if he was local id just drive down and have things fixed.
You just cant afford these kind of consistent and costly mistakes when operating a large scale business. It will bite you in the ass eventually.

i'm over it.
I actually regret starting this thread, no good will come of it and it seems no resolution either.
Nino feel free to delete it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:51:36 PM by Sinbad79 »

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:23 PM »

Gold Jerry, Gold!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »

You just cant afford these kind of consistent and costly mistakes when operating a large scale business. It will bite you in the ass eventually.

Too true. Inevitably you piss off someone who won't tolerate it and they will end up taking you to Federal Court for misleading and deceptive business conduct.

Hope to see more PinballInc ramps in stock at RTBB in the future, Nino.  ^^^

I notice the hangers-on have read the tread and reported it to their master

Maybe the master needs to keep the mutts on a shorter leash before their behaviour triggers further damage. A muzzle would be the best solution in the short term.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:35:05 PM by pinsanity »