Author Topic: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >  (Read 12494 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2015, 04:47:30 AM »
It's hard to say what it is going to be ?

Could be anything ?

A few things have changed for Stern in the last 2 years.
Not as many release videos being done to well after production has started and a decreasing amount of media and title leaks. I think it's a good marketing strategy in a way. Both the Stern Dealers and the public rush to buy the game so no one misses out.

As long as it doesn't keep driving the Pro pricing up I will stay happy.

If it's a Borg design, it should be a success no matter what.

We will soon see who guessed the title right or not.
I heard Steve Ritchie was doing KISS so I am thinking something else and I am not sold yet on it being a car Pinny like FastnFurious.

Anyone else got any guesses.
I also heard Game of Throne series has been totally cancelled mid season due to low USA buy up rates on their networks. Canned mid filming. Don't think Game of Thrones.

Could be a totally different theme to what we have or haven't guessed yet ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »
I reckon Ritchie will do Superman as it was stated somewhere that he has been given a good amount of time to design his pin.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
I reckon Ritchie will do Superman as it was stated somewhere that he has been given a good amount of time to design his pin.
or Super Flash,  30 years on.
Steve must be close to retirement.
Very interesting wait and see.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline nath2099

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »
I also heard Game of Throne series has been totally cancelled mid season due to low USA buy up rates on their networks. Canned mid filming. Don't think Game of Thrones.

I highly doubt that. There was apparently a dodgy link circling Facebook, but that's all I can find about it. April fools gag, possibly?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
I'm hoping for two things ;

John Trudeau to design the KISS machine
The Originals depicted in the artwork - small references to past members acceptable

If the artwork depicts the cover band line up - It will flop - no matter who builds it or designs it. The current US tour is over. They will be concentrating on the Euro Festivals and the tour downunder.

Trudeau just completed Wrestlemania - so I really doubt he has done KISS and therefore it can't be next. Game of Thrones is about to air the new season, and the first episode will be the most downloaded TV show in history. So perfect timing for the new Stern. Would be a marketing coup to get the game ready now.

The more they delay the KISS game, the better it will sell. I'm told that the band have 1 or 2 world tours and then they are done.

In fact, do the KISS game LAST - because if they do finally close the curtain for the last time, it would be a "one off show" with the original line up.. That would be massive.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »
A few great ideas from different people.

Question - will Steve Ritchie ever really retire ? Like Gary Stern, Steve has said he will never stop working unless he is to unwell to get to the office. I imagine it would be very hard to retire from something you love so much.
Johnny Borg being so young, he has soo many years left to design so many great titles.
I hope Gary and Steve live another 20 years plus. Borgy has 40 yrs left hopefully.

Game of Thrones - so many rumours saying it is finishing up but these Internet rumours could be on the money or tottally off the mark. I know it was having much slower $ pick up rates by USA networks and was only a third of TWDead views per week. It's rare Euro made series do so well in the USA. Hope it does stay and a great pin it would be.

I really thought Steve Ritchie was promised KISS if it got made.
I thought Steve would be great if he was to do KISS.
Either way, it seems the team design philosophy at Stern now puts out a better product.

I like George Gonez but I am not a huge fan of his pinball tables. Not the flow of Borgy or Steve or Trudeau.

What about a Big Bang Theory Pinball ? (Don't laugh, I like the show and the wit !)
Aren't all of us pinball fans the new age liked Nerds of 2015. Lol

Any more ideas as to what Borgys title is going to be ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
An interesting cartoon picture on Sterns Facebook page is a Stern technician wearing a white coat who has X Ray googles on.
He is staring at three pinball machines, all sitting side by side. (Pro, Premium and LE models ?)

All the models have Alien skeletons inside each of the three games and the three alien skeletons are all different.

Someone said Stern recently asked what was your favourite spaceship.

Is this weird picture a hint towards an upcoming pinball title related to Sci Fi.

The only Sci Fi picture I have seen where the main character uses X Ray style goggles was
Guardians of the Galaxy. It also featured a spaceship.

Is this just a Stern throw off tease or is there something in it.

Check out Sterns Facebook page and see what you make of it. Weird clue ?

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »
Intersting to not that the Stern Facebook picture of the person with X-ray goggles look at aliens' skeletons in side three pinball machines, also has a 'Stern Pinball' logo on the bottom right.  That says Stern went out of their way to do this drawing.  It looks like a Greg Freres style cartoon.  So if its not just a random internet picture, the effort could lead people to think it is a hint to their next pin.  Crafty's note about Guardians Of The Galaxy use of X-Ray goggles makes sense.  Perhaps the front runner is GOTG?

Stern's posted 'What is your favorite spaceship?' on their Facebook page on 26 March.

PS
I reckon a Big Bang Theory would work well as a theme - it appeals to pinheads, and new audiences.

PSS
I'd file for divorce if my wife stopped me from buying a Prince 'Purple Rain' pinball machine.  Unluckily for my wife, I can't see anyone doing that theme.  It would be her opertunity to rid herself of me.
$#$
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:11:57 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »

Game of Thrones - so many rumours saying it is finishing up but these Internet rumours could be on the money or tottally off the mark. I know it was having much slower $ pick up rates by USA networks and was only a third of TWDead views per week. It's rare Euro made series do so well in the USA. Hope it does stay and a great pin it would be.

Just rumours I'd say Cavey. Next season starts in a week and last season was HBO's biggest hit of all time.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/jun/06/game-of-thrones-most-popular-hbo-show-sopranos

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2015, 10:09:46 PM »
I just realised I keep referring to 'Cavey' as 'Crafty'.  Sorry about that.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
I just realised I keep referring to 'Cavey' as 'Crafty'.  Sorry about that.

Classic. Wish I was crafty but I am too blatant and would never make a diplomat.
Politicians are crafty buggers. Anyone who gets ten times the usual super us mugs get must be so crafty, you could call them magicians. Lol

P.s - just re watched The Battle to Save Pinball for a bit of fun.
Showed every Williams guy but not anyone like Borgy or Gary Stern in the first movie.
It's good to see all the cream of the pinball industry ended up at Stern.
One interesting thing, Pat Lawlor who designed Addams Family to name a few, said in the movie that video screens in pinballs don't work together. He must have changed his mind all these years later if he is doing the next title for Jack at JJP.

I reckon Stern should do a 1 hour promo film about Stern Pinball featuring Borgy and all its new staff.

Sort of a "We kept Pinball Alive and Won" or something catchy for all us pinheads.
Good promo for pinball and for Stern and all the great people thriving in pinball today.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:30:47 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »

Once again you prove that you're lack of knowledge doesn't preclude you from voicing you're ignorance by posting on this forum.  GOT is NOT being cancelled, in fact they just renewed for the 6th season before number 5 is premiered.  You really should refrain from posting just for the f sake of posting. 
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »

Once again you prove that you're lack of knowledge doesn't preclude you from voicing you're ignorance by posting on this forum.  GOT is NOT being cancelled, in fact they just renewed for the 6th season before number 5 is premiered.  You really should refrain from posting just for the f sake of posting. 

Wash your mouth with soap at a minimum.
I said I heard a rumour etc. I didn't say it was fact. It was then to get other people feedback which was different to the info I had seen online and on TV.
I actually watched a USA affairs show which made various claims about the show and they made black n white statements. I never said they were correct but simply mentioned what I had heard so get off your high horse.

Do u think because you supply n build ramps for the pinball scene you have the right to speak to me disrespectfully.
And before you think you are all mighty, I asked you years ago if u had Bugs Bunny ramps n for years I got no progress. I asked Mark C once and he had them custom made for me within a few weeks !

Also, I respected your mate from RTBB and suggested some nice things for the forum to permanently remember him by the electronic banners with gone fishing etc, so get off my case with your rudeness. Thankyou !

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:05 PM »
Pinballace, s'pose you don't have some pristine demo man ramps by any chance?   %$%
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.