Author Topic: Ball drains from Moat Popper - Medieval Madness  (Read 1145 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Ball drains from Moat Popper - Medieval Madness
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has this issue? Most of the time the ball ejected from the moat popper is going SDTM. I have played sited games before that did this, but it's too common now on my game to be satisfactory (it has started doing it just about every time after originally only happening sometimes). Tried googling this up, but could not find anything. Thinking of maybe a lower power coil.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Ball drains from Moat Popper - Medieval Madness
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Sounds like its busted.

Time to offload cheap I think..   &&

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
I have a similar problem on tz. I read that the plunger thing with the nylon tip may be worn causing poor push outs. Does mm have similar? I have a replacement plunger rod coming so will advise of the result if this helps
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »
Yep worn plunger tip can do  that. Also the angle of the popper chute may affect the trajectory.

On a white water i ended up putting a resistor in line with the coil in the mine kickout and it made it a bit weaker and improved things significantly.

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »
Sounds a bit weird, shouldn't be able to go anywhere near the middle  drain, I can catch it pretty easy on the left flipper, that assembly comes out pretty easy, remove it & check it out, see how you go.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »

Thanks guys. Removed the assembly and noted there was no real adjustment available. Took a look at the assembly and found a (yikes!) Stern coil in there. Same rating, but you never know. Replaced with a proper coil, cleaned up the tip, and now it's a rare time it goes SDTM.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »
Good work. I tested solenoids on my tz and the gumball amarture fell to bits. After all that time owning the game I find a home made plastic rod jammed into the metals amarture housing with the popper cup screwed onto it. Got a new one from Rtbb today and gumball works better than ever. I reckon it would have taken hours to make this mod when $12 buys a new one.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 08:58:54 PM »
Good work. I tested solenoids on my tz and the gumball amarture fell to bits. After all that time owning the game I find a home made plastic rod jammed into the metals amarture housing with the popper cup screwed onto it. Got a new one from Rtbb today and gumball works better than ever. I reckon it would have taken hours to make this mod when $12 buys a new one.

It's amusing sometimes to find the "got to keep it going" stuff like yours, and the Stern coil in mine - the coil is difficult to see until the unit came off or it would have been the first thing to go.