Author Topic: Twilight Zone spruce up  (Read 3713 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Twilight Zone spruce up
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
Guys - appreciate the comments but i really am not sure i am any better than others on this forum.  I have been asked a few times if i would do this for a job or real income, but i can not see this being the case - the reason being that i really enjoy the restoration process and take my time with it, i wouldn't like to be under any sort of expectation or pressure if i was relying on it for income.  Full credit to Nino for making from what i can see as a successful transition to a business.

Self taught is correct -  and its all part of the fun in my opinion. So many people seem scared to pull something apart or give something new a go, but i reckon its great fun!

Anyway, have a bit of progress.

Got the young bloke helping out with the headbox decals

Then put it on the main cab - amateur error here - note the side rails are not on and had to remove the head to put them on

Love the look of a freshly painted cab and new floor - i use an 8 inch woofer from Jaycar for the cab speaker

Have just starting repopulating the playfield. All metal parts put in the tumbler came up pretty nice.

The metal sheet that holds the boards in the headbox was badly stained, so i ended up using a 'chrome' paint from bunnings (British Pains brand) - it is a pretty dodgy chrome - hardly shiny, but it suits that perfectly and is very close to the original.