Author Topic: Twilight Zone spruce up  (Read 3693 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Twilight Zone spruce up
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
Well, managed to nail this one with 1 day to spare before my wife is booked in to have the bub!

My parents are up to see their new grandkid, so dad has been helping out a bit by reproducing two new backbox doors for TZ - the two originals i had were very ordinary.  One tip, if you use MDF, it to use the old one as a template to drill the holes, and put another piece of board behind it - that way, it doesn't blow the bottom of the drill hole out.  Obviously old ones on the right, new ones on the left

Now why two doors....well i just might happen to have another TZ (a possum pin) that i plan on getting a CC playfield for....

The rest of the restore went pretty easily - basically just replacing all the cleaned components. I ended up losing the shaft that holds the ramp diverter before the mini pf, so had to make one of them up - just put some 4mm stainless rod in the drill press, and cut a slot while it is spinning with the dremel.

Also had to weld the slot machine scoop up, and fix a few minor switch errors.

I have installed a homepin MPU as the original was cactus - pretty easy to build and works perfectly.

Also installed Ingo's colour changing clock board that is awesome and trouble free, as well as colour changing LEDs in the door of the translite

I am waiting on a few parts to arrive like a coin door lock, proper rubbers (i only had a few different colour spares - hence the yellow/green/red combo), and i prob should get a set of new chrome legs.

Installed new rails thanks the Jeff at railways.

Anyway a few pics

So had my first game.....managed to get 653M and had LITZ lit but choked!!!!!!