Author Topic: Cheap Train mod for AC/DC Pro  (Read 6947 times)

Offline spadfa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Cheap Train mod for AC/DC Pro
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:44:27 AM »
So I have owned my first pin for about 3 days and thought I would put up an idea for a mod.

Not a new idea but since proper trains are a little hard to come by I wanted to change the plastic sheet for something more realistic.

I may opt for a better train in the future but in the meantime you can get these trains from reject shop.

They for the most part metal and not well constructed but they have some good detail and will work for now.

You can just hacksaw down the first 2 chimneys and wiggle off the top of the third.

End result.

One note with removing the train plastic display, there is a nut underneath both screws that can be tricky to get to. Unlike other surrounding screws you will need to get underneath to untighten.

I used a small ratcheting screwdriver from masters (like $7) and a socket/wrench combo.

The proportions of the train to the bell are a little off but this may only be an interim change anyway.

Looks good to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Cheap Train mod for AC/DC Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:28 AM »
Looks good. Well done.

A mod I did to my ACDC was to buy Gold Chrome paint in a spray can and I painted the bell. It came out 100 times better than it looks stock. Hope it helps.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Cheap Train mod for AC/DC Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
Welcome, Sambo! Looks great!
 $.$