Author Topic: Looking for Gottlieb 1984 El Dorado Backglass or Translite  (Read 1595 times)

Offline stancey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Looking for Gottlieb 1984 El Dorado Backglass or Translite
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »
Hey everyone...  I have recently purchased a 1984 Gottlieb El Dorado.  I am in the process of restoring it, however it did not come with the original backglass, which I have found to be quite elusive due to the small numbers produced.  Does anyone have access to the appropriate backglass, modern reproduced translite, or even just a good quality scanned pdf of the original so that I can get it reprinted?  Thanks

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Maybe there may be another bulk buy by members from here : http://bgresto.com/?p=523
pinballaustralia.com

Offline stancey

• Forum Posts:
I sent them an email yesterday.  The reproduction they did at the time was for the 70's El Dorado, but I'll see what they say.  Thanks

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
I owned one of these , my friend now owns it , but can take a few shots for you, front and the back  if you like ,..,.
The City of Gold . This one is nice apart from small area lifting near the bottom ...
One-Ball!

Offline stancey

• Forum Posts:
I spoke to a local blueprint / scanning/ photography place today and they explained to me that in order to get a good quality laser color print, they need a good scan or a high quality photograph without the glass in place.  Since I don't have the original, I'm not sure what this looks like.  Is it the old style that has the artwork on a plastic film, sandwiched between two pieces of glass, or is it printed on the back of the glass.  I'm not even sure how I would get any of these, especially since I would be asking a complete stranger to take a valuable part of their machine off and take it to someplace local that can get the proper picture or scan.  I would pay for all costs incurred, but that is a big favor to ask someone.  Thanks everyone 

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
there is a Sydney guy organising a bgresto bulk buy for anyone local to him, I'm getting a surfer BG.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline plong

• Forum Posts:
  • Castlemaine Vic
Try Delarge at AAr,Adam was making translites

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
I spoke to a local blueprint / scanning/ photography place today and they explained to me that in order to get a good quality laser color print, they need a good scan or a high quality photograph without the glass in place.  Since I don't have the original, I'm not sure what this looks like.  Is it the old style that has the artwork on a plastic film, sandwiched between two pieces of glass, or is it printed on the back of the glass.  I'm not even sure how I would get any of these, especially since I would be asking a complete stranger to take a valuable part of their machine off and take it to someplace local that can get the proper picture or scan.  I would pay for all costs incurred, but that is a big favor to ask someone.  Thanks everyone 
The Art is directly printed on to the glass , so not sandwiched between 2 sheets of glass , But i can get some pics of it , front and back , with the glass removed from the back box , Ralph ...
One-Ball!

Offline stancey

• Forum Posts:
Yeah, that would be great if you could get a good enough resolution picture for me to print out.  Thanks

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
Will do man , just give me a few weeks to get there and get a few pics for you ... %)%
One-Ball!