Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 127587 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 09:02:13 PM »
I think Brunswick Brawler is on the $.
I am not a gambling man but I would put a thousand down on John Borg being the designer of KISS.
If it hadn't of been for his email 3 or 4 weeks ago saying his next title is going to be released next, and his arms being in those photos, I would have been still thinking it was a 50/50 between Borgy and Steve Ritchie doing KISS.

Either way, both designers are brilliant.
It just seems that John Borg can design a pin much faster and with great success than any other designer on the planet. For a long time, Borgy was the backbone of Sterns design department. A few titles like Avatar and Transformers were Sterns cost cutting tables in a financial period where Stern was struggling to survive so I dont blame any designer for those Budget playfields cause they can only design what the boss allows them to $ wise, but Stern has done very well with all Borgys designs (and Steve Ritchies tables) and there hasn't been a dud for a long time.

So KISS is coming out, but what is Steve Ritchie working on ? Got my head scratching on that one cause Steve sticks to big titles like ACDC and Star Trek and so on.

When I was a kid about 8 years old in 1978, KISS weren't a band, they were an Industry. Gene Simmons has always been the genius behind KISS.
My favourite was always Ace, so I am hoping ACE features heavily on the new KISS pinball.

Can u imagine the mods that will be made and available for the KISS machine ! Should be some thoroughly excellent mods coming up from all around the world.

Will Stern sell and build more KISS pinnies than they did ACDC ? I wish production numbers were released.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !