Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 127563 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »
Keep this thread "On Topic". It is a thread about the KISS pinball - if members want to discuss designers, costs etc - find an existing thread or start a new one.

I have ordered an LE.

I'm not revealing sources, but the rumor is at least half of the "possible" allocation of LE's for Australia are already reserved. 50 TWD were snapped up very quickly, and I'm told IF the same numbers of KISS LE's are allocated then they will be gone within 48 hours of the distributors information pack from Stern - which is by this weekend.

In other words - "now or never".

I've asked if the songs can be removed and the original recordings added at a future date on the new platform. A bit of "KISStory" (and the major reason I don't follow the tribute band = current line up) - The "classic" songs written and recorded by the original four members have stood the test of time. The 2015 setlist is 75% comprised of the first 6 studio albums (1973-77). Gen and Paul re recorded the classic songs with the current line up to disallow the two original members - Peter and Ace, from obtaining royalties for any projects using the early catalogue - which is what everyone wants to hear or use. Smart move if you want to rip off your old bandmates. The NEW recordings are bland and over produced. The "greatest hits" album these recordings were used for were only successful in Japan. So my question is that I would like to remove these poor recording and replace them with the original recordings that have the "magic" of the original four and not session artists.

This might seem like a bit of a whinge, but there are FOUR new premium customers waiting to hear if this is possible. NONE own pinball machines - obviously hardcore KISS fans.

KISS started their careers in 1973. Playing to a crowd of 4 people (3 were allegedly busboys) in Coventry New York, although some dispute that fact and suggest it was either in a Loft in Queens, or at the Hotel Diplomat.

biggest following - AC/DC VS KISS - Hard to tell. AC/DC have sold over 200 Million records - KISS have sold over 100 Million. KISS tour the world almost every year, AC/DC every 3-5 years. Both iconic bands. AC/DC broke through in the USA in 1978 opening for KISS in their heyday - Love Gun and Alive 2 tours.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia