Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 127376 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #870 on: August 16, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
Nino I agree the latest update is poor but you will have the heavens on fire wizard mode now which you activate by lighting the grid twice! Can't remember other features as I've moved mine on and the buyer has also moved it on lol. Huge title great theme great art poor code has ruined it for me.

Funny you mention "Heaven's On Fire" mode. The luminaries at Stern selected a song that was released in 1984. Yet the game features artwork circa 1978. Of course, Stern didn't do their homework on the BG artwork, as Gene didn't develop the "axe" bass until 1984, yet the artwork is from the Love Gun / Alive II period of 1978. I can live with that - but it does demonstrate how thick Stern are..

Code has ruined the game and it is the sole reason I didn't commit to Ghostbusters.
I don't mind the coding on gb. Hope there are further releases though.

GB shipping code was already ahead of KISS and TWD at release. TWD had a couple of updates that made it an excellent game (compared to shipping code). But this was done within 3 months. We are 11 months since KISS was released and we have code changes for the topper, Bill dispenser and the inlanes. Still has major flaws and missing key aspects (Cities etc). Not good enough.

I really can't believe the state of the KISS code (especially the cities doing nothing even on the latest update). Not sure if they don't care about it because they know it will sell well regardless, or there were other internal issues within the company or just the programmers spread too thin. I REALLY want a KISS pinball machine in my music line-up, but playing the game in its current state doesn't make me want to get one at all costs....The Walking Dead however, awesome game and the same can be said about Ghostbusters. Loving it.

That's why I'm hanging on to my KISS LE for now. TWD LE has had 2-3 really good updates and from all reports, is a killer game right now. Can't see why KISS cannot be as good. I like the art and the table, so they just need to finish off the code and I'm a happy camper.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia