Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 127683 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
How has AMD provided Stern mods on the other games as their adds suggest the parts are only available from them, not distributors.

I reckon it will be close to one of these options - $560 or $700 or $799

1. if AMD can buy directly similar to the games (so they get a profit out of the $400 USD) and the MRRP is $400 USD = $510 AUD + $50 freight minimum = $560 AUD

2. You buy direct from Stern a topper and freight over - $399 USD + $150 USD freight = $500 USD = $700 AUD

3. AMD buy for $400 USD + freight $25 with a heap of other things = $425 USD = $545 AUD +  AMD's 25% margin  ($136) + 10%  GST ($68) + freight ($50) = $799 AUD

Also Stern made a comment suggesting that a different translite may be available so the Kiss on the translite isn't there if you go for a KISS topper to avoid the double up.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Wow - alternate translite to support the topper. I'm going to send an email to Bruce & ask the topper price - will see if he knows yet. My guess remains Aus $699 - we should run a guessing comp (winner is allowed to NOT have a topper on their Kiss machine) %.%
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #392 on: May 25, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
I think I agree with the song upgrades being a waste of time. I'm guessing a software update will probably wipe them out, so depending on the time and effort to reinstall the original songs, I'd probably give up on the idea.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »
seems like Stern are seeing the market for mods but reckon on a mission to squeeze some of the mod suppliers out as well as cashing in as well - here is our 3 new kiss machines $, please buy, oh now we have mods at crazy prices $$, oh and here is a bloody expensive cool topper $$$, do you want it, but it would look better with our other transite without the Kiss logo $$$$ ....

also saw that they will be offering 4 different custom approved shooter plungers - probably signature logo ones - wonder if they will be between $50 - $75 USD.

I am not bothered just an observation and I have a few kiss plungers coming from Shapeways for fun
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
seems like Stern are seeing the market for mods but reckon on a mission to squeeze some of the mod suppliers out as well as cashing in as well - here is our 3 new kiss machines $, please buy, oh now we have mods at crazy prices $$, oh and here is a bloody expensive cool topper $$$, do you want it, but it would look better with our other transite without the Kiss logo $$$$ ....

also saw that they will be offering 4 different custom approved shooter plungers - probably signature logo ones - wonder if they will be between $50 - $75 USD.

I am not bothered just an observation and I have a few kiss plungers coming from Shapeways for fun

Swinksy, you always tell it how it is  ^^^
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2015, 03:01:25 AM »
Swinksy, to answer your question re Stern mods, Stern USA directs Aust customers to AMD so you recieve anything electrical that is designed for Australian 240 volts and all parts orders and prices are referred to AMD.

Stern USA can confirm part numbers and parts avail abilities etc etc, and some times pricing, but you are asked to order thru AMD. Always worked in the past well.

AMD will have a batch of toppers arrive with their first Kiss pinny container if not beforehand. AMD often recieve pallet loads of Stern parts from the USA seperate from the pinny airfreight or Seafreight containers.
$399 USA is a end user retail price, not the distributor wholesale price for countries outside the USA. Official quote arriving soon I hope.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:09:45 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »

What Stern have done in the past and pushing ridiculously with KISS, is adding "option"s and "extras" which should be included with at least the LE and possibly for the Premium. The "extras" should be pitched more for the PRO buyers, who can be selective with "extras" to build their game up. They don't get the extra features as a Premium or LE, but they can add stuff as they go along and really have a "personalized" game.

What is blatantly obvious is that KISS is a massive windfall, so the "brains trust" need to make up for the bomb that was the Wrestlemania machine.

Surprise surprise - I see alternate translites are being made for modders in the USA, and now the (unconfirmed) reports that Stern are doing at least one alternate. Could be a good thing, but you know what they say - "Monkey see, Monkey do"..

I have no doubt is would be something around the idea that Stern used for Luci. A "Love Gun" version - the artwork on that album cover is their best.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #397 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41:08 AM »
Maybe make your own mods?

A mech to shoot fireballs out of the back box
A gun just above the DMD that sqirts blood
Bigger speakers mounted on the sides of the backbox

Or new front legs that look like Genes boots
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:09:44 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
Happy US memorial day AP members  ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »

Are you American?
More like happy one more sleep til Origin game 1
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
Can we please keep this thread on topic about the awesomeness of the KISS pinball event!ยก!!!!!

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »

Are you American?

No, but if it wasn't for the US we wouldn't have pinball as we know it today or the coolest pinball playfield made in over a decade about to hit YOUR games room (I know you are gunna get one, you're just playing hard to get  %$%). "Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud...".

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »
I just want to add that I'm pumped about getting my KISS LE. Such a fantastic art package and I can't wait for the next Stern video.

Happy camper here - no doubt.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

Are you American?

No, but if it wasn't for the US we wouldn't have pinball as we know it today or the coolest pinball playfield made in over a decade about to hit YOUR games room (I know you are gunna get one, you're just playing hard to get  %$%). "Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud...".

Shine on you crazy diamond!
QUEENSLANDER!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:59 AM »
I just want to add that I'm pumped about getting my KISS LE. Such a fantastic art package and I can't wait for the next Stern video.

Happy camper here - no doubt.

That's more like it :)