Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 127756 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
Just posted on Sterns FB page:

Over the next few days and over the weekend we will be play testing the newest KISS pinball code to hopefully be released next week.  Cross your fingers it all tests well.  It's coming! #kisspinball #newcode

You'll have Strangeways on the edge of his seat now!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2016, 04:34:36 PM »
Unboxing is so 'last year', now the new special event for stern owners will be 'code updating'. That's gotta be a bigger rush, in particular, for kiss owners, GOT guys get these weekly  &&
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #827 on: April 08, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
Unboxing is so 'last year', now the new special event for stern owners will be 'code updating'. That's gotta be a bigger rush, in particular, for kiss owners, GOT guys get these weekly  &&

:lol
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »
Code updating events has been around for years :(

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »
Code updating events has been around for years :(
I bet, Peter  %$%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
What would the general consensus be if Stern started charging customers for code updates?

I would have no problem with that at all.

So in my case, I pay 50% for my KISS LE and then I pay 10% each time they take steps to complete the code. Over time, Stern finishes my game, and I don't get angry waiting for the game to be completed. It also encourages Stern to work on the current games instead of adding code for toppers and other crap. If they don't finish the game, they don't maximize their return.

Good in theory but I think a hacker would make short work of this system. Black market code updates.

Any system can be hacked by good hackers, but no one is going to waste their time hacking a pinball to save themselves $. The rumors I'm hearing is that there is almost a complete recode and KISS will be the first game to be able to compete "online" with internet connectivity - this opens up a whole new ball game (no pun intended). Online competitions over the net is just one new feature. As soon as your game is registered on the net, you have updates sent to you via the web after you pay your subscription. There's a lot of possibilities.

There all the same Hobbit announced 2012 game nearly shipping code no where near finished WTF and reliability issues already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. Wasn't the Hobbit due at the release of the first movie ? The trilogy has been done and dusted already !

Try daily !

I'd much rather be waiting for beta code to be tested and uploaded when everything is complete rather than GOT buyers being used as beta testers !

Having said that, Stern have really dropped the ball. This code update was due "before Christmas"..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #831 on: April 14, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Six teasers updates later = no code update.

Stern have really dropped the ball. Maybe their initial update should have been "Code Update due before Christmas.. .. .. .. .. .. .. 2018"

I've never experienced anything as bad as this. If they were in the corporate word, their entire Marketing dept would be fired.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #832 on: April 14, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »

Stern have really dropped the ball. Maybe their initial update should have been "Code Update due before Christmas.. .. .. .. .. .. .. 2018"

I've never experienced anything as bad as this. If they were in the corporate word, their entire Marketing dept would be fired.

I'd disagree
Seems to be standard operating procedure for the pinball industry
'While the suckers keep paying, no reason to improve'

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #833 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:28 AM »

I'd disagree
Seems to be standard operating procedure for the pinball industry
'While the suckers keep paying, no reason to improve'

It is also becoming standard procedure for LE buyers to move on their games due to these practices. Four KISS LE's are effectively on the market for this reason, and also at a profit to those sellers. Also, it will be the last LE purchased for at least two of these collectors.

I seriously considered a GB Premium. But after waiting 6 months and the only update for my KISS LE is for a redundant Topper, I'm directing funds elsewhere.

I know the code will be good for KISS, but the wait to enjoy the game is a poor reflection on the manufacturer.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #834 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »
I agree
With the high price of  NIB games, and the question over software upgrades, I doubt Iwould ever buy a new Stern again

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #835 on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
Pinside rumor lol :

Lonnies code was tested and full of bugs!

Lyman has been working on it for two weeks :)

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #836 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
Pinside rumor lol :

I guess there are a lot of rumors. That's all they really are. But I would not be surprised. It has to be a large update as there are a lot of issues and modes missing etc etc..

I base my discontent on the fact that Stern FB has daily ramblings of code updates with photos of album covers etc etc. I find that really annoying and arrogant. Their marketing is piss poor in my book.

As a recent convert to Stern, and enjoying some awesome machines like Tron and CSI in particular, I don't understand how people can fork out huge amounts of $ on games that are not completed. Not just tweaking code, but massive updates on games that are not even close to completely functional. I guess that if KISS was never released, I would not care as much. But for people converting across to Stern games (like I have), it has been a learning curve. Accepting incomplete games should not be part of the buying experience. No other product I've ever heard of has this problem.

I'm looking for a the "beating the dead horse" emoticon, but the ONLY way this will change is with our wallets.

Trudeau is my favorite designer, and Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. I was going to order a Premium. Now I'm not. When Iron Maiden is released, I won't buy an LE. I will wait 12 months to see if Stern complete the game.

The new saying is "only in pinball". Rings true at the moment.

Would be great if the code came out tomorrow. The good thing for Stern is that there are 30 + albums their genius marketing people can use to further frustrate KISS fans with non existent updates  !*!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #837 on: April 14, 2016, 12:05:52 PM »
Agree Nino! KISS is my last NIB straight after release:) I also like GB but I'll wait 12 months for complete code :) I should have learnt my lesson after MET & TWD  but being a kiss fan I just got excited lol. But with all the teasers let's hope it's here this week.

PS: code issues aren't just an issue at Stern.

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #838 on: April 14, 2016, 12:23:18 PM »
Well the posts that out asking what the next stern relese will be will now change to "who is coding the next release "

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #839 on: April 14, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »
Pinside rumor lol :

And from the multi platinum Rumours album: