Author Topic: should there be a new Playboy machine in 2016?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
No.  Playboy as a theme is obsolete.  KISS still has many fans, nearly all of which are cashed up adult happy to spend $10k on a machine.

No playboys fans left.  Perhaps the time is right for a Google themed pinball! &&

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
No.  Playboy as a theme is obsolete.  KISS still has many fans, nearly all of which are cashed up adult happy to spend $10k on a machine.

No playboys fans left.  Perhaps the time is right for a Google themed pinball! &&

+1

or "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Google pin would have a "tax dodge" super jackpot. What happened to timeless themes? I can only think of Superman as one in the pipeline. What else is expected? And what would other AP members like to see?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Might be too soon, but I'd like "Firing Squad". Generic but loosely based on Indonesia's justice system. Bash toy is the corrupt smiling police chief with his arm around the condemned men. And "Replay" is a 10 shot volley. Good times - sign me up for an LE.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Might be too soon, but I'd like "Firing Squad". Generic but loosely based on Indonesia's justice system. Bash toy is the corrupt smiling police chief with his arm around the condemned men. And "Replay" is a 10 shot volley. Good times - sign me up for an LE.

Don't forget the " heroin peddlars are nice really" ball save feature

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Ha - yeah, & the "reformed through painting" extra ball! I really think it would be a hot pin - maybe a "panel of judges" loop, aircraft transfer to death island, "AFP" drop targets ... possibilities are endless. Stern, where are you...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I thought the thread was about Playboy so stay on topic I say to pay respect to PBPete who started the thread.
I hardly think scum cowardly heroin dealers deserve a mention on our pinball site.

Playboy I doubt will ever get another run because the days of the magazine companies are almost dead due to the Internet and social media. Plus the feminists of 2015 will whine if you have scantily clad women adorning a pinball machine. Look at the bullshit Whoa Nellie copped in the USA and its cartoon art.  The politically correct world of 2015 is a yawn fest.

Feminists hate the word sluts or slutty, but any man who enjoys a nice Mens magazine is seen as supporting the exploitation of women. You can't win today. Women walk around with their tits hanging out n propped up, but God forbid if you look that way. playboy won't happen again.

Plus the Europeans would want the LE to be XXXX rated not just tease stuff.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
I thought the thread was about Playboy so stay on topic I say to pay respect to PBPete who started the thread.
I hardly think scum cowardly heroin dealers deserve a mention on our pinball site.

Playboy I doubt will ever get another run because the days of the magazine companies are almost dead due to the Internet and social media. Plus the feminists of 2015 will whine if you have scantily clad women adorning a pinball machine. Look at the bullshit Whoa Nellie copped in the USA and its cartoon art.  The politically correct world of 2015 is a yawn fest.

Feminists hate the word sluts or slutty, but any man who enjoys a nice Mens magazine is seen as supporting the exploitation of women. You can't win today. Women walk around with their tits hanging out n propped up, but God forbid if you look that way. playboy won't happen again.

Ease up big fella...

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I am trying to work out why Europeans want to see hot chicks drinking beer from Queensland
?!!

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Yeah I was trying to work that out too. Maybe he means naked backpackers drinking xxxx?  :lol

CoT, I'm not sure they were cowardly, stupid yes, but cowardly? And to get back on topic I'm all for another Playboy pin, but one that pays a tribute to the Bally original. It is a stunning machine, the colours & mirrored glass alone make it a piece of art. A nib version tastefully updated could have a market, & pinballers have never been worried about feminists. I'm more worried when you pop your skirt on & start pulling hair on AP %$%
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:30:26 AM by andypinboy »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

Thank goodness you stayed on topic out of respect and didnt wander off into a rant about feminists.. how some women dress, Whoa Nellie and political correctness

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I think a "2016 Playboy" would do well as long as 'Heff' is NOT on the backglass this time........ %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I think a "2016 Playboy" would do well as long as 'Heff' is NOT on the backglass this time........ %.%

if only we could tell somebody who can make it happen ;)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

By 2016 many additional options could open up ............. %$%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia

By 2016 many additional options could open up ............. %$%

I offer my services as a licence procurer (i.e. Roger Sharp) to anyone pinball company that is wishing to do a Playboy pinball.

...Any licence negotiations should be negotiated face to face at the playboy mansion!  !@)