Author Topic: RGB PF insert lighting board (7 colours)  (Read 10207 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: RGB PF insert lighting board (7 colours)
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:58:10 PM »
If I were to get 1000 the price would be equivalent roughly to a led and globe holder roughly give or take $0.50. It was more of an idea and a challenge to design a working small electronic component myself.

The dip switch and small bridge diode for the polarity protection do push the price up but they are the 2 features that I mainly wanted and needed for this design. Due to recent issues and a warning from Stern / Kiss I am a bit burnt out so I just thought to share what I have done instead of locking it up in a vault never to be seen and not sure if there is interest for them.

I sent it out for quote to 10 companies around the world, China never replied back with any quotes (which was surprising), Australia was absolutely insanely priced at 5 x the price of the US and I ended up having a company in the US make these. I was hoping that these would be cheaper than what they are or would be at 1000 so sort of killed my hopes as would of loved to sell these at the cost of $2 - $2.50 led.

is what it is, and learnt alot.

edit...
the white is definitely not warm white and at a guess would be around the white to cool white - it's bright
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:00:12 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts