Author Topic: The Getaway pinball on e-Bay Overpriced.  (Read 2830 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
The Getaway pinball on e-Bay Overpriced.
« on: June 09, 2015, 11:03:50 AM »
Found this Getaway on e-Bay.
Is it a bit overpriced in the condition that its in ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THE-GETAWAY-PINBALL-MACHINE-BY-WILLIAMS-1992-/121655593410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c533d09c2

Pinpal....

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: The Getaway pinball on e-Bay Overpriced.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »
Goes without saying from that seller.

I know alot of people love this machine but I grew bored of it very quickly.  Take the supercharger toy out of it and there isn't much else to it I'm afraid.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
A common thread amongst the sellers in Melbourne - "The market is so slow at the moment".

No it is not. Pinheads know prices and value of machines. Gone are the days of the newbie impulse buyers. Well, almost !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:46:43 AM »
I find it funny, this is being targeted as overpriced (and probably only by $1K from private sellers) but there is a FH for close to $7K on here (close to $4-$4.5K over private pricing) and no one bats an eye  !@#

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »
I find it funny, this is being targeted as overpriced (and probably only by $1K from private sellers) but there is a FH for close to $7K on here (close to $4-$4.5K over private pricing) and no one bats an eye  !@#

I think you will find there is a MASSIVE difference between a container machine and a fully restored machine that has had absolutely everything cleaned, re-built or replaced from top to toe.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
A common thread amongst the sellers in Melbourne - "The market is so slow at the moment".

No it is not. Pinheads know prices and value of machines. Gone are the days of the newbie impulse buyers. Well, almost !

That's it Nino, put sensible prices on the machines and watch them walk out the door.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 12:30:51 PM »

Lets just forget who is selling the game and concentrate on the presentation VS the price ;

Hand painted touch ups that are clearly done by hand
Cabinet artwork is completely faded
Door is hand painted - Even the coin plastics !
Wrong set of old legs..
Playfield is dirty - Just take a look at the yellow post !
No photos of inside the cabinet or under the playfield

In summary - a re rubbered and re globed container pin with bare minimum time, effort and $ spent on it. Whats is it worth - $2800 maximum as it needs to be reconditioned correctly.

VS

A High End Restored Funhouse - Would be easily in the top 5 Funhouse machines in the country with absolutely everything done ;

Professionally restored cabinet and Next Gen artwork
Mirco playfield
New ramps, plastics set, pop pumper caps etc etc etc
Under the playfield is better than new
Not sure how many hours - would be close to 75.

I highlighted you quote - are you suggesting that this Funhouse game should only be advertised at $2,500 ?
Asking price is $7,000 less (close to $4-$4.5K over private pricing) ?

I've sold several Funhouses - Reconditioned to restored - none of them have sold for less than $3600. Not sure what price dealers sell them for..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »
.....also don't forget that if it actually does sell on greedbay the fees will come close to $800 when you include PayPus......
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Found this Getaway on e-Bay.
Is it a bit overpriced in the condition that its in ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THE-GETAWAY-PINBALL-MACHINE-BY-WILLIAMS-1992-/121655593410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c533d09c2

Pinpal....

I like hs2 & have been actively looking for a nice one for 6 months. In my opinion this machine is overpriced. It is an import, it has playfield issues & the cab art is faded. Private sale $3.25k - maybe $3.5k IF the seller is lucky. So dealer price above $4.25k is just silly business.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »
I find it funny, this is being targeted as overpriced (and probably only by $1K from private sellers) but there is a FH for close to $7K on here (close to $4-$4.5K over private pricing) and no one bats an eye  !@#

I highlighted you quote - are you suggesting that this Funhouse game should only be advertised at $2,500 ?

Quite simply yes....I don't beleive a FH is worth any where near the price...hope that's ok. It's a $3500 max pin, regardless of condition imo. That means it sits next to games like CV and above games like GnR, ToM, FGuy, TSPP, LoTR just to name a few....pfft, please
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:32:08 PM by intopins »

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »
I find it funny, this is being targeted as overpriced (and probably only by $1K from private sellers) but there is a FH for close to $7K on here (close to $4-$4.5K over private pricing) and no one bats an eye  !@#

Quite simply yes....I don't beleive a FH is worth any where near the price...hope that's ok. It's a $3500 max pin, regardless of condition imo. That means it sits next to games like CV and above games like GnR, ToM, FGuy, TSPP, LoTR just to name a few....pfft, please

It is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay.
If you had seen this particular FH then your opinion would likely change, it is a NEW machine.
If the Getaway dealer had the FH then he would likely be trying to sell it for $10k

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »

I take is "pfft" is slang for you are not sure??  !@#

If a GnR, ToM, FGuy, TSPP or LoTR was restored to the same level as that particular FH, you would expect any of those games to owe the owner a little south of $10K in base game plus parts plus restorers time cost....

Whether that means any of those would sell for close to $10K is a different question, but a similar one to whether someone would pay $7K for a magnificent FH, or instead buy a $3.5K one (haven't seen too many under $3K lately other than trash), add $2.5K of parts plus their own time....saving $1,000.00 which is fine if the time you put in was not something of concern, and of course, you actually have the skill to do it yourself rather than using a professional.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 04:08:30 PM »
maybe it is an ad for 2 The Getaways?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »

I see they have taken over where Bumper left off:

"GREAT INVESTMENT "

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »

I see they have taken over where Bumper left off:

"GREAT INVESTMENT "

They left a word off the end - "GREAT INVESTMENT REQUIRED". Time, money, skinned knuckles, patience, frustration...  *%*

Btw - a HRP GnR traded hands not long back for just under $9k (it sold in 1 day). If I wasn't away at the time I would have paid that all day long due to its condition (beauty really) & I guess because I'm a huge fan so it's on my pin list.  High end restorations get good money - if there's a collector with Funhouse on his list he'll be all over the APR game - might take a while & the buyer may negotiate the price down a bit - but it is a beautifully restored pin.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:40:52 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.