Author Topic: Gold coast Timezone Stern games thread  (Read 3742 times)

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Re: Gold coast Timezone Stern games thread
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »
I have nothing against Stern. I don't own one but I love playing them at Timezone. Obviously some machines are better than others. I can only tell what I have seen. Maybe at night, on weekends and during club meets they may be played a lot more. It is great though, to drop by on a weekday and pretty much have the whole bank to yourself.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:48:37 PM by DSB »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »
I have nothing against Stern. I don't own one but I love playing them at Timezone. Obviously some are better than others. I can only tell what I have seen. Maybe at night, on weekends and during club meets they may be played a lot more. It is great though, to drop by on a weekday and pretty much have the whole bank to yourself.
thanks for setting your side of the story straight.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 07:50:34 PM »
The case has always been a certain member posting as fact what they WANT the story to be instead of what it actually is...
Who is it we wonder???

...Answers on a postcard please..

Solipsism.  *%*

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:54:53 PM by pinsanity »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 08:33:26 PM »
 %.%   %.%   *%*   &^&   %$%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »
I didn't literally mean played every minute of every hour for 16 hrs but it was a quick post and I should have checked the wording knowing some critics might pounce. Lol

I should have said turned on 16 hrs a day and probably played a good 4 to 8 hrs.
I was driving and typing and should have checked the wording a little better.

The point being the machines at Timezone are played more than any other sited pins in the country I believe.
I regularly take my son to TZone and it's rare to see any pinball not being played constantly in quiet or busy times.
The amount of younger people, incl a lot of girls playing pins is refreshing to see these days.

Still never seen a modern Stern with playfield wear.
These machines are pretty tuff.

No need to check the wording... not exaggerating is enough.

Don't drive and use your phone.. its illegal because you have a high chance of having an accident and hurting innocent people

I pull over and do the occassional quick post in between business appointments ofcourse. As if anyone could drive down a freeway at 110 and type fifty words whilst trying to drive. Get real Gav.
You seem to be taking on the father role again with your bitchy comments. I enjoy laughing at your posts.
I love a great laugh. Thankyou.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:12 PM »
If this is the case who is making up stuff? What gets me is if either is stretching the truth, what is in it for them, is Cavey being paid to promote stern or has  dsb got a vendetta against stern? I'm confused  !@#

Why......why is it so????

Wish I was on the payroll.
I like Stern and its products. ITs that simple.
I have been going to TimeZone for over 13 years. Probably been there over 100 times.
I have seen it flat out the vast majority of the time.
It's comedic that people from other states who aren't local and go there like I do are telling me my personal experience is incorrect. Pinballgod makes a good point.

Why do some people feel the need to pull down other people's experiences and opinions. Some people need to conduct the Spanish inquisition on more important matters.
Just because someone visits the place in quiet times doesn't mean it is always quiet. My opinion is based on a hundred visits over 13 plus years. Pinballs haven't been there all that time. Why are the one percent so bothered to tell me my experience isn't right and there guessing is more correct.
Time for the one percent to stop the bitchyness and to focus on positive pinball versus taking potshots.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:01 PM »
Probably better if you put me back on ignore Brett instead of taking it off to see what ive posted.
Can only go by what you say.. typing while driving.. machines played 16hrs a day 7 days a week.
Why do you post nonsense?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Gold coast Timezone Stern games thread
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
I live in Melbourne and have been to TZ on the Gold Coast maybe 5 times and it's always packed and hard to get on the pins :) they must be making a shit load as he's always the first to get the new Sterns and pays to air freight them and good on them :)

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:48 PM »
Do our Asian friends now how to or know what pinball is? Aren't they the only people who visit Gc now a days?
Japanese might but doubt the Chinese would, until Homepin launches TBAG  %$% then the Chinese will know all about it.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:05 PM »
Do our Asian friends now how to or know what pinball is? Aren't they the only people who visit Gc now a days?
Japanese might but doubt the Chinese would, until Homepin launches TBAG  %$% then the Chinese will know all about it.

I remember "Grundies" from the 80's. That place was packed all the time. IAs a family, we stopped going at the time that all the gift shops had products with two price tags - one in aussie dollars and one in Yen..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:42 AM »
Only been to GCTZ twice, no problem getting on the pins, in fact last time I played three  of the four pins there all off credits left behind!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
The fellow who owns TimeZone told me he gets Sterns latest releases the moment the first machines roll off the production line because he has an agreement with Stern to be a test centre for the latest titles and reports any mechanical/engineering issues back to Stern as the games are played very high volume.

Apparently the same owner of TZone has many other arcade locations around the world and buys pins for all of those locations as well.
The massive volume of people going to TZone on a daily basis means Sterns pins are getting a lot of exposure and its a marketing departments dream location to showcase any arcade game.
I reckon TZone would be getting the machines at bargain basement prices as well.

The value of the arcade stock at TZone is worth a mint.
It's great that they now have so many pinballs.
Seeing so many pinballs lined up in the one area is definate eye candy.

It would be good if the pinball area had a sales brochure letting Joe Public know these pinball machines can be purchased from Stern and its dealers. In a perfect world I would love to see a small area set up like a sales showroom for pinball machines. That would increase new pinball buyers and be great to grow this industry.

Dream job in Australia would be selling brand new pins everyday and seeing families smiling as their new pinball gets delivered. If there were more Timezones accross Australia, every location could offer new Sterns.
Wish that idea came true.

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 07:45:18 AM »
The fellow who owns TimeZone told me he gets Sterns latest releases the moment the first machines roll off the production line because he has an agreement with Stern to be a test centre for the latest titles and reports any mechanical/engineering issues back to Stern as the games are played very high volume.

This could be correct and to also give some support to the local pinball club who then bring there families to play the pins other games as well. I don't think the pins are huge money makers for them. Generally machines seem to be kept for 12 twelve months or so then sold off.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 08:24:16 AM »

This could be correct and to also give some support to the local pinball club who then bring there families to play the pins other games as well. I don't think the pins are huge money makers for them. Generally machines seem to be kept for 12 twelve months or so then sold off.

Stern probably give him a great deal, maybe shipping cost only, otherwise it probably wouldn't be worth his time. My wife & I sometimes drop in on the way through to Noosa & pretty much have the pins to ourselves. The skill testers are much busier. We've never been during school holidays though - maybe they pick up the family & teen trade then.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »

We've never been during school holidays though - maybe they pick up the family & teen trade then.

Both my visits were in school holidays, and the pins got very little attention. I specifically recall the last visit for a couple of reasons.

It was disappointing  to see all the arcade stuff busy, coins pouring into redemption crap, and pins left with credits (and one was at third ball unplayed). While I was playing one a young boy came up and was interested, leaning over the game I was playing to watch, so I put a credit on the game next to me and invited him to play. The mother sees and looks at me like - well you know - and I felt humiliated, then offended how a kind gesture could be misinterpreted as potentially something horrible. Didn't blame her though, but it was not a good feeling that someone could think of me that way!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”