Author Topic: New to the pinball World - Just been gifted my first machine  (Read 4106 times)

Offline entrippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
New to the pinball World - Just been gifted my first machine
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »
Hi All, my names Simon and i'm surprised to find myself a proud new owner of a somewhat retro pinball machine.

Other than playing on a few as a kid i've never really had much of an interest in Pinball, but recently i was gifted a table that my mother in law had in her garage.
I'm here to try and learn a few things about it, Get some help if any restoration and repairs are required and just go from there.

Along with the pinball table also came a flat top pacman machine, although thats still buried at the back of storage and i'm yet  to get any pictures.

I've attached a few pics below, sorry about the quality, i'm yet to get chance to pull it out, dust it off and give it a once over.
Any suggestions for anything i should do before running any juice through it?

Nice to meet you all.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:24:16 PM by entrippy »

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Welcome, looks like a cool game.

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
You came to the right place. I helped my mother in-law clean her shed and only found dead rats and cob webs. Nice score! ^^^

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
 $.$  %)% Cool find.

Only thing I'd say is to remember there is usually exposed 240 volts around the cabinet switch and transformer so be carefully when starting out. Don't leave it plugged in when poking around inside.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
 $.$ and  %)% to Aussie Pinball.

Nothing better than a gifted game. That's a single player "Strato / Super Flite" by Williams. It is a Segasu copy. So in theory, Williams parts will fit in this machine.

The first thing to do is locate the schematics. Before switching it on, check the fuses are all correct values, and that the power cable is earthed and has not been eaten by the Shed inhabitants. Check for Spiders. Don't laugh, Redbacks love living in pinballs - specially the on / off switch cavity.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

Offline Spanky

• Forum Posts: