Author Topic: can you beat the old SS sound when clocking a game?  (Read 345 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
can you beat the old SS sound when clocking a game?
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
Spent a couple of hours playing pinball and gave the old space invader pinney a hiding . Brought back memories of when you heard a machine go crazy and had to go and see what was going on. The spacey thuds sounding like Alex Van Halen on the double kickers going to town. Even though early SS sounds were lame and the screeching sound would normally drive you crazy, but when in pinball land, it got the adrenalin going and a high score was not too far away and crowds would form. I can't think of any later era games to lure crowds over when a player was cooking. I'm sure I'm wrong but can only think of some jackpot noises but nothing that persists while the ball is in play???  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:52:38 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
i love the sounds from SS machines for me that's what pinball is all about takes me back to good old days.
To me those sounds are as important as gameplay.
I also love the sound of an EM also takes me back to being a kid but they can't get the adrenaline pumping like an SS going off its nut.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
From memory my favourite background sounds on a good ball came from Firepower and Black Knight.
I vaguely remember Harlem Globe Trotters giving me a Sweet Georgia Brown after completing something.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I really would like another Space Invaders. The artwork and the background sounds were awesome.

The kids and I have been having nightly games on Paragon - my 6 year old daughter still covers her ears when she knows or thinks a credit is about to be awarded (50,000 and 150,000).. Even when playing, it still startles her. Was funny this morning as I was hoping to sleep in, but the kids were up playing pinball already !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
The backround sound on Firepower increasing in rate and pitch as you keep your ball alive still makes me nervous when I play just like it did in 1980/81 LOL

Personally I think SS and EM games are harder than DMD /new Stern .. no ball save and SS generally hard to get multiball. 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
What is my Black Knight 2000 classed as.

DMD era or SS or a bit of both.

Audio on that title is friggin excellent. Best idea  for creativity for sure. It's like a rock band meets Iisaac Hayes n his deep deep voice. Very cool to listen to !
Anyone else like the magic of Black Knight 2000.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
What is my Black Knight 2000 classed as.

DMD era or SS or a bit of both.
Sys 11, alpha-numeric

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Are there any dmd's or later ss with more sound capabilities that have their sound bites intensify as you increase bonuses and rack up bigger scoring?
Still loving my Metallica Premium