Author Topic: stop locking thread and start taking action  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: stop locking thread and start taking action
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 11:06:27 PM »
Heres how I see it and im probably one of the people the OP doesn't want to contribute but I will anyway.
I often take myself off the forum for a couple of weeks because there are posts that are just fantasy. I like this forum but I don't want to come on and read rubbish. theres enough real facts to keep the forum well and truly alive.
When I come back on, the rubbish is still there.. posts that conflict previous posts etc.. all stated as fact.
Ive got to the point where I don't really care anymore and ill point out discrepancies as they arrive. Many people have left this forum.. many of them were here from day 1 as I was.. they all left for a reason.
The " ignore" option was put here for a reason.
When posts are made that just don't add up or are in direct conflict to earlier posts then it needs to be addressed and its that addressing that causes vitriolic language and general nastiness.
Making stuff up on forums and having a negative effect is called trolling.
There is a reason why some people have a large amount of ignores to their name.

Well said, retropin and the ignore count observation speaks for itself.

The problem is that we are dealing with an individual who has decided to prioritise individual gratuitous ego masturbation over the greater good of community forum participation. This is why we constantly see threads get deliberately diverted to suit their own hubristic mindset and why they inevitably "turn to shit" and ultimately as a last resort get locked by the moderators thereby stifling decent forum participation.

The rub is that a personality type like that reads a thead like this and gets off on it as well as they can see that their repugnant behaviour is having a negative impact on both overall forum harmony and the generally positive interactions amongst most of its membership.

Maybe as a temporary solution the mods can set up a separate ego masturbation sub-section in the forum where an individual can feel the need to validate their self worth as the need arises, rather than constantly poisoning good threads with pointless anecdotes and self serving third party fantasy? I don't think in anyone's mind that this repeated repulsive behaviour qualifies as not only a character defect but bordering on a mental disorder so perhaps we should be looking to accommodate rather than futilely attempting to change it for the better. This way if an offending post makes its way into the main sections of the forum the mods can simply move the post to the newly created section without deleting the post or locking the thread. The post will still exist so there can be no spurious claims of discrimination and the rest of us can continue on with the thread discussion and the subsequent original raison d'erte of the forum itself.

You are describing yourself !
It was you who was recently banned for months.
And everyday that you have been back, it's been a personal attack and it is you who is bringing the forum down with your god syndrome and high horse judgement of others.

Why do you spend so much of your forum time focusing on one person.
It seems you have a very unhealthy obsession.
I don't enjoy your comments. I find them sickening.
No one is enjoying your masturbation talk.
There's probably young families wondering why you are even thinking of such weirdo talk.
I pleaded for peace and forward thinking and I got smutty references.

Pinsanity, you just destroyed a good thread designed to keep the place peaceful.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 11:29:30 PM »
Heres how I see it and im probably one of the people the OP doesn't want to contribute but I will anyway.
I often take myself off the forum for a couple of weeks because there are posts that are just fantasy. I like this forum but I don't want to come on and read rubbish. theres enough real facts to keep the forum well and truly alive.
When I come back on, the rubbish is still there.. posts that conflict previous posts etc.. all stated as fact.
Ive got to the point where I don't really care anymore and ill point out discrepancies as they arrive. Many people have left this forum.. many of them were here from day 1 as I was.. they all left for a reason.
When posts are made that just don't add up or are in direct conflict to earlier posts then it needs to be addressed and its that addressing that causes vitriolic language and general nastiness.

Exactly. I have watched from the sidelines & there is one conclusion. Caveoftreasures is a troll. A big-mouthed blatant troll. If there's sensible discussion he's nowhere to be seen. Then when somebody bites back at his rubbish (eg. "everything for sale" then "never sold anything") he carries on all high & mighty like butter wouldn't melt in his big troll mouth. Members have every right to call him out on "fantasy" posts. It's a great forum with so much knowledge but in all sincerity it is being ruined by one member.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 11:49:45 PM »
Out of respect to all the great members of this forum, I have advised Nino tonight that I will be leaving the forum for a while so the couple of haters have no one to spew their hatred at and ruin such a great forum.

I have never walked away from a fight in my life, but I don't want to be around people who talk about masturbation on a family pinball site. This forum is read worldwide.

Every man has the right to defend himself from lies and fabrications, but you can't talk sense to people with hatred and personal agendas designed to ridicule others because they enjoy it.
It's such a shame they hide behind keyboards to do it.

I wish every member here the absolute best to themselves and their families this next few months.
Good luck with your business Nino and hope your Kiss LE gives you and your family a lot of happiness.
I will stay in contact via PM with the many friends I have made over the last 7 years of collecting.

Time to spend more quality time with my beautiful son.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 11:57:16 PM »

Exactly. I have watched from the sidelines & there is one conclusion. Caveoftreasures is a troll. A big-mouthed blatant troll. If there's sensible discussion he's nowhere to be seen. Then when somebody bites back at his rubbish (eg. "everything for sale" then "never sold anything") he carries on all high & mighty like butter wouldn't melt in his big troll mouth. Members have every right to call him out on "fantasy" posts. It's a great forum with so much knowledge but in all sincerity it is being ruined by one member.

You only started spewing your hatred towards me the very next day after Pinsanity your friend was banned.
So you are a coward and a bum chum liar.
The post about selling pins was 3 years ago you idiot after a divorce.
But I kept the pinball collection and settled up $ another way you idiot.
You are just embarrassing yourself again.
How old are you ?
Troll. Yeh right. Is that the best you can do. Really ?
If you are still crying about your mates forced holiday, go and hug a counsellor.
What have you ever done for this forum.

It took me apx 7 years to have 10 people ignore me.
You have reached half that in 3 months little boy.
Pfffftttt. Good riddens.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 12:28:10 AM »

You only started spewing your hatred towards me the very next day after Pinsanity your friend was banned.
How old are you ?
If you are still crying about your mates forced holiday, go and hug a counsellor.

Pfffftttt. Good riddens.

Just have a look at what you have written here. It's a disgrace, nothing but insults, completely baseless. I think you taking yourself on a holiday is the best thing you can do. It might allow AP to get to the truth about the "common denominator". Goodbye Sheriff.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 01:20:50 AM »
Go back 12 months and AP was full of restoration and help topics - love it!!!! #*#
I'm new to pinball and love the hobby and challenges it brings to my life. I've now completed 2 restorations with Threads and have 2 machines waiting to start.

But honestly the amount of pointless diarrhea on here lately leaves me well  *.*

Well done Eltimbo and his latest restore thread to bring this place back to reality. Keep it coming guys, cause I love learning from the exceptional work being detailed.

That's my 2 cents....

I agree with the above AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. This was and I MEAN WAS a great place to learn and get help with this great hobby. If you guys want to have a pissing contest then do it outside the Forum. How do you think it looks to new people looking for advice and help, there going to take one look and say whats this shit and move on. I used to come on here every day and learn stuff on nearly every thread now I have to wade through the BULLSHIT and let me tell you my waders aren't nearly long enough. Get over yourselves and learn to get along. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but sheeh  just grow a set.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:16 AM »

How old are you ?

Pfffftttt. Good riddens.

Just have a look at what you have written here. It's a disgrace, nothing but insults, completely baseless. I think you taking yourself on a holiday is the best thing you can do. It might allow AP to get to the truth about the "common denominator". Goodbye Sheriff.

Interesting to also note that the individual who regards the term masturbation as offensive even when used in its figurative rather than a literal definition, has no reservations about hurling fatuous homophobic slurs against other members on a "family forum".

Lowest common denominator would be more apt.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 09:57:05 AM »
Wrong yet again. My comment referred to your mate kissing your bum constantly after he had the poo,s you got banned.
It has nothing to do with homosexuality which is what you obviously are thinking about.
Another example where you take anything and turn it into a lie.

Your sitting on your high horse again calling other members the lowest common denominator.
The common denominator is that u just can't keep your nasty mouth shut and you can't stop yourself from making constant personal comments about me. You have an unhealthy obsession.
Are you still so shitty about your forced holiday that you just can't shut up.

Stop with the personal attacks. It's getting you nowhere.
You are like a broken record. Grow up.

Why do u feel the need to spend your entire forum time making comments about me.
You need to see a counsellor.

And to the creepy person who sent my personal email address multiple emails joining me up to various medical websites, incl setting passwords and usernames up etc, it wasn't funny, it was just another example of nastyness and childish behaviour.
That shows the spite and malice supposedly grown men have. Just pathetic.
If it continues, I will refer the matter to the police.

Are the culprits ready to get on with pinball and pinball only, or are u still interested in pathetic games.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
 (((
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »

You haven't watched anything from the sidelines. You joined 4 or 5 months ago and instantly started your vindictive posts towards me once your friend was banned.
I have over 7,000 posts. Your claim that I have never entered into a serious discussion about pinball is just laughable.
You and a few others think you can call out people like your the cowboy at the bar walking around like a rooster.
You don't call people out in real life cause u hide behind s keyboard.
If you did call someone out in real life, we know what would really happen.

The forum has an issue because people like you think you can make personal attacks on others constantly.
You must be used to picking on the weak, those who don't or can't defend themselves.
But you won't get that from me. Cause I stick up from myself.

If you are still shitty your mate got banned, go see a counsellor.
Why don't you just grow up and stop with the personal comments.

You must have been asked with Ya two buddies the same thing a dozen times in the last 3 months.
But u just can't shut the fark up.

If you keep your high horse nasty mouth shut, and just talk about pinball, then there will not be a problem.
Have some respect for others if you can't have some respect for yourself.
Stop hiding behind your keyboard.
Time for you to grow up.

You have been told clearly, and your two mates have been told clearly.
So there is absolutely no need for this discussion to ever continue again.
Are you now ready to focus on pinball and pinball alone ? Or do you still feel the need to make nasty personal comments.
I challenge Andypinboy, Pinsanity and Retropin to keep their personal comments to themselves for 3 months.
I will join the challenge as well.
Can you 3 grown men stick to pinball and pinball only.

If you can't accept the challenge then you are on here for the wrong reasons.
It's a simple challenge. Just stop making dishonest personal comments about other members. It's a pinball forum not a personality assassination forum.

Can u 3 accept the simple challenge of ceasing personal comments ?
Hopefully we can now all move on to pinball and pinball only.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:24:23 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 10:40:37 AM »
Some of the mindless drivel and personal attacks astound me.
Who says that stuff in real life? (without getting snotted one)

Cheers to the ones who put the effort in to post restores or provide technical help to others ^^^

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »
I agree enough is enough. The insults & vitriole from Caveoftreasures is more than any member should have to put up with. I can only go on the facts, & he shows no respect for other members or even the mods. In his mind he controls AP so he can make demands, challenges & other ridiculous assertions to, & about, others. Comments maligning others, particularly the use of sexuality in a derogatory way to personally attack others, is beyond any level of tolerance. Again Caveoftreasures has shown he cannot make good on his own word by continuing to post after telling members he is taking a holiday. I call for Caveoftreasures to be banned so the forum can have a good three months of operation without his ongoing insults, fantasies & underlying threats of physical aggression.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
I'm surprised this forum still has regular posters. I have never seen on any forum, of any hobby, the amount of childish, immature bitching between the same several members.

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
Getting a little tired of decent threads starting, progressing and then turning into rubbish. I think no more warnings to people who have been repeatedly asked to calm down. Maybe suspension without warning may curb things I dunno. And I am not taking sides here or who is right or wrong. What do others think?

I see what you mean.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 12:58:15 PM »
Let me offer my 2c from the perspective of what I would consider a neutral.  I mean that in the sense that I don't have any friends/mates here or enemies (that I know of).  I lurk more than post since I feel I don't have the expertise to offer like many others, but I certainly soak up the good information that is shared on this site, particularly the restoration and technical info.

Very early on in my time on this forum I put you caveoftreasures on ignore, as apparently many others have.  Quite frankly in the main I found you added nothing to the conversation on here other than your own ego and caused unnecessary tension.  Honestly all you do is inflame people that may not share your views.  Between apparently being an authority on everything, continual Stern cheerleading or beating your chest about how great you are and how many possessions you have, frankly I found your posts downright irritating. I mean just looking at your previous avatars and your signature reflect how egotistic and materialistic you are.  I'm here for pinball not a dick measuring contest.  I'm impressed by things like the restorations that Nino and other talented people on this form do and share, not by who you happen to talk with directly up the chain at Stern or how fantastic you are at your security business.

Last time you took a vacation from this forum it was fantastic.  The back and forth bickering reduced significantly, so much so that when you returned and inevitably so did all the tension, I pm'd one of the mods noting the change in mood on this site as a consequence of your presence.  Unfortunately having you on ignore doesn't prevent me from seeing the other half of your conversations nor prevent you from being quoted or me enquiring why a thread may have been suddenly shut down.

Like others have said I would hope this forum can return to being a friendly one focused on playing, enjoying and restoring pinball and helping others with technical queries etc etc.  This forum should be about pinball not individuals and egos.