Author Topic: Who has visited the Homepin factory in Shenzhen?  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Who has visited the Homepin factory in Shenzhen?
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
Um...  I say Stern have the best business minds in pinball.  So I say Gary was not there on a holiday....

Though Homepin has drawn little overseas chat amongst the players and podcasts, I'm sure of all the startup pinball companies Homepin is the one most discussed in the boardroom (or basement for a couple of defunt startups).  So if Stern have now judged that Homepin look like they are about to succeed, they could not consider off-shore manufacturing.  Whether its Stern looking to set up their own factory, or have Hompin do some stuff for them, who knows.

Some thoughts:

- Stern already outsource a lot. It would only make sense to perhaps reconcile many of their subcontracts to the a single supplier.  Some efficiencies would come from that.  Dangers to: full reliance on a single company.

- Pro models may be getting considered for Chinese manufacturing.  Stern have no trouble selling LEs at a premium price for good titles.  Perhaps at least LE and Premium could stay in the USA.  They have just build a new factory, so they will no be considering closing that.  Perhaps Sterns home entry level 'The Pin" models are looking at being done in China?

- Is Stern looking at a lower end Pro model - along the lines of WNBJM being made in China?  Simple game play machines, but enough fun for most locations.  I feel there is a gap in that market for location machines: Low-Cost-And-Easy-To-Understand!

PS.
If there where only to pinball manufactures to service, I'd like them to be Stern and Homepin.  So if find it great to see these photos. ^^^