Author Topic: Who has visited the Homepin factory in Shenzhen?  (Read 6631 times)

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Did you let him see your set up Mike?
And if so, was he impressed with what he saw?
I imagine the list of people Gary could talk to about setting up a factory and pinball manufacturing etc. would be quite small.
I'm sure he enjoyed the chance to talk with you.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
We all had a very enjoyable "chat" for  few hours (Gary, my wife and I). I had already put away anything I deemed "secret" and my actual pinball development and creative design is done in a different building that I didn't show him.

He showed us a video tour of his new factory which was very impressive and we spoke about many things related to pinball manufacture from packaging to lights above work stations to retail price.

I believe he went away thinking that we are serious and capable but I can't speak for what he thought. My wife said, after he left, that he is a "nice man".

Did you let him see your set up Mike?
And if so, was he impressed with what he saw?
I imagine the list of people Gary could talk to about setting up a factory and pinball manufacturing etc. would be quite small.
I'm sure he enjoyed the chance to talk with you.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Good stuff, nice to see Gary take up most of the day to visit your HQ, I hope this has opened up even more doors for you/HP, All the best with it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
If Gary Stern, the most experienced man in the entire pinball world, could get together with Mike, a brilliant engineer and AUssie straight shooter, these two companies and men could do business and get something happening that could benefit both companies significantly.

I was always hoping Stern and Homepin working together, to benefit each other would be my wish of all wishs.
Mike is a straight shooter and a great business man.
I would love to see the Gary and Mike brains trust get together and make something great happen.
Australian pinball would be the huge winner.

Would you do something with Stern Mike ?

Good allie to have ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia

Good allie to have ?

Yep!

From what I've observed over my last few years of interest in pinball the companies with the most business sense are Stern, Homepin and Spooky Pinball.  Others seemed to have 'winged it', with mixed success.

Cheers to the soon to be 'big two'. #*#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Dunno - don't dismiss Heighway... I like what they've done and the game looks to play really well. Probably not going to see too many here as it needs to be shipped hallway round the world and $AU against the Euro??.. Yeh well.
Bet they sell a ton in Europe though

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW

Good allie to have ?

Yep!

From what I've observed over my last few years of interest in pinball the companies with the most business sense are Stern, Homepin and Spooky Pinball.  Others seemed to have 'winged it', with mixed success.

Cheers to the soon to be 'big two'. #*#

He'd also be a good ally to have.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Who has visited the Homepin factory in Shenzhen?
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 11:51:47 PM »
So I joined Couchsurfing after it was mentioned in another of my threads and the first people I had as guests for a week were Norwegian sisters.

Pity Sid wasn't here to perv...I mean help make dinner... :lol

They seemed quite impressed with the factory.

For those interested check out the site here: https://www.couchsurfing.com
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 11:55:22 AM »
Wow....couch surfing at a pinball factory for a week. Those lucky girls! Haha.....Homepin factory visit. Will put that on my bucket list I reckon.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re:
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »
Wow....couch surfing at a pinball factory for a week. Those lucky girls! Haha.....Homepin factory visit. Will put that on my bucket list I reckon.

+1

I wonder if Mike gave them a pink Homepin Polo ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia