Author Topic: FirePower  (Read 1661 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
FirePower
« on: August 08, 2015, 10:29:49 AM »
Hi Guys
As per title I'm chasing a FirePower.
Must be in very good to excellent condition and located in Victoria would be a big plus also, however if interstate we might be able to work something out.
If anyone out there has one and would consider moving it on please PM me....you would be making an old man very happy  *%*
Thanks
Tim

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: FirePower
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 12:45:51 PM »

Topic stickied, good luck with the hunt Tim!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

Topic stickied, good luck with the hunt Tim!
Thanks Nick

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
Bump!
Everyday day when I log in I'm hoping for the "you have a private message" box to pop up but nothing  ^&^
Somebody, anybody..".help a pinball brother out  @@^
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:44:59 AM by spacejam0 »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »
Patience Grasshopper !

One will turn up sooner or later.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:53:12 PM by Brettski »

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 07:09:56 AM »
Howdy,
Here is one in Brisbane but you have probably spotted it already..

http://www.pinballclassics.com.au/product.php?id=733&info=Firepower%20-%20Original%20Pinball%20Machine

and this one..

http://www.pinballclassics.com.au/product.php?id=750&info=Firepower%20-%20Major%20Restoration%20Pinball%20Machine

Cheers: Brettski... :)
Thanks Brett
Yes mate I have seen these 2. After asking a couple of other more experienced members than me they both think I could do better.
Cheers,,Tim

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 07:53:56 PM »
Still a bit overpriced but much better than the previous games.
All FP backglasses are like this..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Williams-Fire-Power-Pinball-Machine-/161828122376?hash=item25adb52f08

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »
Thanks for the lead Retro..I have checked this one out before they quoted me $350 delivery to a depot or $500 to my door and by the time you add that on to the already inflated price it's just not viable..at that price it would need to be local so I could check it out.
Cheers Tim

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
$350 to a depot?

Its in Brisbane not Timbuctoo!

They might do a cash deal.. its not budging on Ebay and fees would be some $216 also for them.
Id be willing to check it out for you if you want

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
$350 was from Brisbane to a depot in Melbourne for me to pick up from there which they said included insurance.
Thanks for the kind offer of checking it out for me I would prefer local unless I found something restored or a members machine but it's getting more tempting after your offer I'll put some thought into it and get back to you.
Just out of curiosity and I know it's hard to tell from the pics but what ball park figure do you think would be fair?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 11:20:49 PM »
To be quite fair to the machine the Pf looks to be in great shape..most have some to significant wear just above the flippers and the planet artwork is a pain to restore. If I was looking at it then wear around the rollovers is also common and an easy fix to do and not be seen in a photo.
Last one I sold was for $1400 but that was a few years back and id gone through the electrics.
My guess is about $1800

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 12:15:44 AM »
I bought my Sinbad from Jason who has this Firepower and as much as he is a nice bloke etc he wouldn't budge on the price for me, I accepted what he was asking as it was in very good condition with a few minor exceptions which I fixed myself so in the end I was happy. Although I would not get anymore than I paid for it after the repairs it wasn't about making money it was about getting what I wanted within reason. It is hard though having to include the transport costs on top of a heavy price tag like in your situation but that will always be the case unless you can find one locally. Being your Grail machine also adds pressure and I guess it comes down to how long you can wait. I want a Close Encounters and yet to see one pop up around here but I will just have to keep looking, no doubt I will end up paying top dollar for it when I do find one. LOL Even the Cleopatra wreck I bought was expensive at $750 as the parts and hardware I have needed have cost an arm and a leg not to mention the hours.

I have never sold a machine only bought and it seems people are really starting to get a bit greedy with the prices being asked. Over the past 12 months I have looked at a lot of machines for sale and everyone that I went and inspected had no care put into it whatsoever and were asking top dollar, not one was cleaned and presented properly for sale. I would expect that for a quick sale at a bargain price, deceased estate etc but this was not the case with the ones I looked at, everyone I know at least cleans a car before they sell it!

I can appreciate the situation and hope do get what you want and have a lot of enjoyment when you do. :)

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
Bump

Still looking mate? If not can you inform the Admin to unpin... ^^^

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts: