Author Topic: Looking for Aussie 20c Plastic coin slots - Gottlieb SS  (Read 576 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Looking for Aussie 20c Plastic coin slots - Gottlieb SS
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:03:32 PM »
Hi all,

I have a USA Sinbad with 25c slots and would like Aussie 20c Plastic coin slot inserts, I also need new ones for the Cleopatra I am working on so any insight on where I might get them would be much appreciated.

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
I bought a set for mine from PBR that take 20c.

Yeah I know not the easiest place to order from (payment wise) particularly if it's only a couple of items it turns out pretty expensive. Maybe if someone else was placing an order soon they could get you a set?

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
I bought a set for mine from PBR that take 20c.

Yeah I know not the easiest place to order from (payment wise) particularly if it's only a couple of items it turns out pretty expensive. Maybe if someone else was placing an order soon they could get you a set?

You're kidding me! I just placed an order with PBR and after changing it 3 times I sent payment last week.
Being USA I didn't think they would have the 20c Australian pieces..  Dang!!!!!

Thanks anyway! :)

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
C16568 was the part number I ordered from PBR, these were red ones. - I just checked PBR's website then and it says they are out of stock for that part.

According to Marcos they are for US$1 but I checked then On mine and they definitely fit 20c into them.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-16568

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:26:00 PM by Slash »

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
If I remember correctly, you can actually order any coin size, and simply expand the internal slot.  Hard to explain, but if you look closely at the photo at the top of this thread, the 25c slot has a little 'restriction' at the top of the coin entry.  If that restriction is fully cut out, the outer entry size is perfect for a 20c coin.

The size out the outer slot is size for a Aussie 20c coin, and they are then varied for each smaller coin by the size of that secondary restriction.

...The hard part is, where do you get a red/black decal for 20c coins?

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
If I remember correctly, you can actually order any coin size, and simply expand the internal slot.  Hard to explain, but if you look closely at the photo at the top of this thread, the 25c slot has a little 'restriction' at the top of the coin entry.  If that restriction is fully cut out, the outer entry size is perfect for a 20c coin.

The size out the outer slot is size for a Aussie 20c coin, and they are then varied for each smaller coin by the size of that secondary restriction.

...The hard part is, where do you get a red/black decal for 20c coins?

Ok I see what you mean :)
I have removed the one from Sinbad which is the one in the photo above and can see the restricting piece which I can dremel out no worries.
As for the decal I can whip one up on the computer so that's the easy bit for me..

With that said it looks like I have a solution, much appreciated  Brunswick Brawler! :)

My trashed old Cleopatra already has the 20c slots in it but they are really weathered, any suggestions on how to revive that type of plastic piece.
I have a buffing wheel on a bench grinder, is it worth trying that?

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Another tip with Coin slots: An Aussie 10c coin is about spot on to a US 25c coin.  So if you have a machine that is set for US 25c, try using Aussie 10c coins.  All you probably would want to do is replace the tables with easy to get US 10c labels, and leave the coin mechs alone.

...now having been to the US many times, I only once tried this in a coke machine just to test it.  All but one coin was a Aussie 10c coin.  If all US coin mechs have that margin of error, then playing pinball in the US could be really cheap for unscrupulous Aussies! #@#

Back to the thread.  I have no idea how how to polish up plastic, but I would have thought that is what Novis was all originally about.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:22:34 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
I used the Dremel and opened up the slot, a bit of tweaking and the 20c coin works now, I just need to print out a decal and all done! I cleaned them up with a bit of alcohol on Sinbad, as for Cleopatra they will need buffing. :)

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Would you be interested in selling two similar decalls and posting them down south?

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
You're after the 20c cards right?

I've got some spares here I printed off on card the other week you can have if that's what your chasing.

No cost obviously, just shoot me a pm if you want them.

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia

I've got some spares here I printed off on card the other week you can have if that's what your chasing.

I've just sent a PM.

...I searched heaps of websites a few years ago without success.

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland

I've just sent a PM.

...I searched heaps of websites a few years ago without success.

Thanks Marcus,
I know what you mean.. some things are easy to find and some don't exist.
I can't find the labels with the fuse ratings for the transformer board but have good ones on the Sinbad so I will replicate them in photoshop and share them for anyone interested.

Thanks again for your help..