Author Topic: A question for Flintstones owners, past and present  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Gruntis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
A question for Flintstones owners, past and present
« on: July 12, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »
Hey guys,
In the process of doing up and modding my Flintstones, love this game.
I'm now at the stage where I'm considering mirror blades but given the little amount of available surface area on the side of this pin to expose the mirrors, I'm wondering if it will be worth it  !@#
Since the playfield is relatively dark I thought it might brighten it up a bit as well as add a little bling. Any thoughts?

Also what if any mods have people put on there Flintstones? I already have an alternate translite, got the cartoon decal for the center playfield, leds throughout and thinking about lighting the buildings. Will probably add an led strip to the dinosaurs neck soon too. Anyone got any other mods they have done??

Now just for kicks some pics

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Sorry can't answer your questions but nice line up. Never played Flinstones, looks great with the cartoon translite and decal.  ^^^

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
Sorry can't answer your questions but nice line up. Never played Flinstones, looks great with the cartoon translite and decal.  ^^^

Thanks, got a Johnny Mnemonic coming to replace that treadmill soon too. If you get the chance give ol' Fred a go, though if you do you'll be wanting to add it to your line up  %.%

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I always thought some Led strip inside the bowling pin frame shining onto the pins would look sweet

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Posted by: Crashramp
Sorry can't answer your questions but nice line up. Never played Flinstones, looks great with the cartoon translite and decal.  thumb

+1
I haven't seen these mods before but they are a nice touch. Great combination with the cartoon additions.

Thanks for sharing the pics too ^^^

Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
One of the coolest pins I've ever seen was a Flintstones with the playfield artwork redone to be all cartoon (same idea as the decal - no Rosie O'D or that Moranis guy in sight). I watch the tnt vid's sometimes & they did a nice job on a Flintstones with the buildings lit from inside (windows, doors cutout) & extra GI (this is essential as it's too dark). The other thing I reckon would improve it is stronger colours on the buildings, the bird etc - the playfield is colourful but the "frame" is a bit dull. Dunno how this can be done - Swinks or others might know what paints are fine to use? I like what u r doing with it so far - just a fun pin that makes you laugh ^^^
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:16:23 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline john17a

• Forum Posts:
Mirror blades are worth the money   id put them in any game    it lifted the brightness   also   babak in brisbane has 6v led strip lighting  that works a treat    purple at the slate brothers    and a 6led strip behind bowlorama sign that lights up the machine     also flintstones toys   7pcs  including dino looks great with fred on top of the bowling alley

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Yep Light the Buildings, use LED bendies on the top above the group plastic of Fred and Wilma etc. Set a pair of them above so they stick out like street lights, Also a spot aimed at the bowlarama sign and another pointing at Joes.