Author Topic: Full throttle cars?  (Read 234 times)

Offline SteelBalls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Full throttle cars?
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:41:15 PM »
I was down at Zax Amusements today playing full throttle and found the game to be nice and fast flowing, not overly impressed with the artwork however the illuminated sides were interesting.
Motorbikes are not my thing so the theme was something I would pass on. Would be interested in someone who likes the theme to give their opinion on missions and game play for this title.
Not having a DMD or any other display in backboard was something to get used to as I found myself looking up for the score, the skill shot is different having to "rev" the bike to a specific rpm.
Overall quite enjoyable even though I prefer 4 wheels. Still waiting for a decent car game, although can't think of any titles that may grab my interest as super or hyper cars are ho-hum and I'm not into need for 60 seconds or gone in speed or whatever, maybe Death race or Mad Max hhmmm interesting, what do you guys think? !@#
PS Thanks to Zac and Phil for their time and willingness to give information, enjoyed the pinball's on free play and played a few titles for the first time , I spend a few hours there  @@* 

Offline McKie1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Full throttle cars?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:35:04 AM »
Thank you for the write up. My Wife and I will hopefully get down there at some stage to have a gander :)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »

Thanks for the info, might try and get up there for a look one of these days.

As for car games, as a car guy I have played (and been disappointed by) most - my favorites are Indy 500 (which I have as the best IMO) and High Speed 2, which is a top game as well but a little shallower. Stern's Grand Prix is not bad if you don't mind the Stern flipper feel.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »
It might not be the era of games you're looking for but if you like the older SS games then you won't getter a better looking car themed pin than Nitro Ground Shaker. I'd love one myself.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
Sega 1999 Viper Night Drivin with glow balls is a awesome car full throttle style pinny.

You have many missions incl having sex with the hot hitch hiker in the back seat plus cop chases and many more cool missions.
I have the Euro EPROMs in the game and the hitch hikers sex audio sounds like the very real thing and she goes off for hours. It's a classic. Sex sells so maybe a new pinny theme incorporating sex n women n cars n bikes n jets etc etc may be a good title to do. Around the world in 60 minutes for $400 could be the title. Lol

Sterns Mustang is a really fun car pinny. Cranked up it is awesome.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !