Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 55610 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #480 on: May 01, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »

Maybe try a transport company - it may well be very close to the cost of you hiring a ute.

For example, i just looked up northline, and they quote around $130 for Sydney to Newcastle.  I have a Paragon booked with them to come from Melbourne, and when i rang, the very good price i got quoted was door to door.  Obviously can't say if they are good or not, since my machine is not available at the moment to be picked up.

I did ask AMD and their preferred transport company only goes to depot in Newcastle so then still need to hire a vehicle so is actually more expensive.

I will contact Wally that does the Melbourne to Brisbane run 1-2 a month - see if the stars align and he deliveries to your door and carry into your house. Last pinball was delivered at 3am in the morning lol
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #481 on: May 01, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
I wouldn't bother with their preferred transport...after all, it is your machine!

3am is good if you have soundproofing to not wake the kids...can have a few quick games before heading off to work!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #482 on: May 01, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »

Maybe try a transport company - it may well be very close to the cost of you hiring a ute.

For example, i just looked up northline, and they quote around $130 for Sydney to Newcastle.  I have a Paragon booked with them to come from Melbourne, and when i rang, the very good price i got quoted was door to door.  Obviously can't say if they are good or not, since my machine is not available at the moment to be picked up.

I did ask AMD and their preferred transport company only goes to depot in Newcastle so then still need to hire a vehicle so is actually more expensive.

I will contact Wally that does the Melbourne to Brisbane run 1-2 a month - see if the stars align and he deliveries to your door and carry into your house. Last pinball was delivered at 3am in the morning lol
you haven't seen swinsky's house. Dunno how happy he'd be going up the steps??
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #483 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »

you haven't seen swinsky's house. Dunno how happy he'd be going up the steps??

lol, my collar bone is rooted so have lined up a local removalist for a case of beer to carry up but ideally Wally and his buddy would be prefect  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
Sounds like the best solution. Rather than wasting your time trying to negotiate with a business who won't accommodate to a simple request you simply find a circumvent.

Well done.  ^^^

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #485 on: May 01, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »
Note that the deadflip streaming is with a LE, so we now get to see the Magna slings in action.

The date translates to Thursday morning Australian time, hopefully they will have transferred to you tube by our Thursday evening.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »
I asked the question to AMD about delivery, which seems a little odd?:

"We airfreighted a “Pro” for showroom use only and it arrived last Thursday p.m.

The container is now due here end June(slight delay from factory)."

so no GB pin until end of June - 2 months time, what a let down from early to mid May, but seems like there are some issues:
- slimmer not registering all hits, can see a need for a design upgrade on this personally - have some ideas for a simple upgrade
- bent wireform on the rhs captive ball stopping the ball dropping down
- insert mis-spelling

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2016, 09:45:23 AM »

"We airfreighted a “Pro” for showroom use only and it arrived last Thursday p.m.

so no GB pin until end of June - 2 months time, what a let down from early to mid May, but seems like there are some issues:
- slimmer not registering all hits, can see a need for a design upgrade on this personally - have some ideas for a simple upgrade
- insert mis-spelling

Stern having realised the market for user interactive pinball is a potential growth area introduce the FIB..

Fix In the Box

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »

- insert mis-spelling
Yeah, they're now shipping Pros with LEs. Maybe less than usual Pro orders on this title?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2016, 05:00:24 PM »
Pro orders of GB in Australia are a all time high, excluding ACDC.

Also, everytime I have bought a BNIB machine from AMD it has been delivered to my front door by TNT.
Surely TNT can do a delivery to Newcastle.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:06:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #490 on: May 02, 2016, 06:03:04 PM »
Pro orders of GB in Australia are a all time high, excluding ACDC.

Also, everytime I have bought a BNIB machine from AMD it has been delivered to my front door by TNT.
Surely TNT can do a delivery to Newcastle.

well Bruce's email did state problems at Stern end so whether that is the playfields or just a general supply or even if the sales are down a little and it is a combo of pro's and le's

as for freight apparently they can't offer to my door where to Gold Coast might be in a big truck and then to a depot to a smaller tail light truck to people's door, and he said he would prefer if I picked up personally so not sure.. is what it is.

plus I reckon with the recent price increases sales would of dropped off a bit

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #491 on: May 02, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
I've always thought mid July for the LE.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #492 on: May 03, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »
From what I am hearing out of the USA, Stern was already maxed out with orders on all its production lines with a massive amount of orders on GOT, Spider-Man Vault, Star Trek & Walking Dead & still KISS variants, then the release of GB just pushed the waiting times thru the roof because Stern are the busiest production wise since they were when ACDC went thru the roof. Unlike the old days, Stern can now easily process orders for much lower production runs so if they get a order for 20 Walking Dead Pros for example, they can do the run easily. They don't have to wait for the orders to hit 100 or more to get it on the line.

Effectively, titles will be available much longer to purchase compared to a few years back & longer where once you missed the initial or 2nd line run, you just missed out on that NIB title.

So even with the new factory & new processes & new staff numbers, they just are flat out keeping up with demand which is great for sales.

Then there will be another title announced & Stern will be busier again.
Gary Stern must be happy seeing his long life dream flourishing.

A lot of GB have been ordered for Australia. The LE sold out so fast & the Premier & Pro have been ordered in high numbers so that's great for AMD & our great hobby.
GB seemed to hit at a perfect time for those who had money & weren't pulling the trigger on a GOT or switched quickly to GB.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:06:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #493 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
^^ That's great news Brett for Stern and the hobby :) how the hell do buyers wait 4 years for Crazy Jack games?  I saw WWE still being built to :)

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Re: Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #494 on: May 03, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

- insert mis-spelling
Yeah, they're now shipping Pros with LEs. Maybe less than usual Pro orders on this title?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

well Bruce's email did state problems at Stern end so whether that is the playfields or just a general supply or even if the sales are down a little and it is a combo of pro's and le's

plus I reckon with the recent price increases sales would of dropped off a bit

That sounds the more likely scenario and accurate based on info and reading between the lines from the source itself, rather than internet chatter.

Of course, being in sales, you never openly admit to sales being down from projected. The message you send to every potential customer is that it is always a matter of not being able to keep up with demand to create a sense of urgency.

You would think with this apparent sudden surge in demand Stern would add a second shift instead of their standard M-F 8-4? That's what every other manufacturer does when demand apparently spikes. And with their primarily casual labour force it would be cost effective to implement.