Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 55402 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
Damned if you do (I.E. Stern), damned if you don't (I.E. Homepin).

!@# !@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »
Damned if you do (I.E. Stern), damned if you don't (I.E. Homepin).

!@# !@#

Sorry mate... don't follow??

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
I think he's referring to stern releasing something on say the magna slings and homepin keeping quiet about their game and people wanting to just see something of the progress. I think both companies don't give a rats about any comments and will do and release what they want. Lots of people have commented on stuff elsewhere like they're in on the boardroom meetings and then others debate these issues that are quite frankly made up.

At the moment my GBLE will have slings that do jack, will cause wear on the playfield, burn holes in it, stern can't get working, ecto googles or whatever they're called that don't work, can't be seen by midgets, have the wrong ghosts, not enough ghosts, that will have ghosts hovering all over the pf, the pf has spelling mistakes, those that will have the mistakes will be worth more in the future, the LE''s have more clear, the LE's have the same clear, and yet no one has seen one.

I'm putting it out there and I have been informed by Stern, in person kinda, that my LE will give me a blow job each time I win match number which in turn will give me a heart attack seeing my heart rate will increase. Now you've heard it first on AP.

But seriously, these Yanks haven't changed. The lynch mobs are out, and they're hanging everyone and if things don't turn out the way they said, lots of cricket sounds.

I'll wait until I get one and will wear whatever the outcome is. Let's hope we don't spend 10,000 posts covering the same ground. I've noted all concerns and comments and am really interested to see what gives and how to rectify any if necessary.  
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:26 PM »
+1

For what it's worth, is someone has more than one pin at home "I think" the magnetic slings will be great.  You don't want every game to be the same, and the magnetic slings will probably become the defining feature of that game.  If GB was the only game in my home, for me I'd probably prefer the Pro as I'd like a more generic machine if I only had one machine.

How much criticism has pinball received for not having any innovation since Williams stopped making pinball.  Now we get magnetic slings, and people don't want the traditional slings changed. ^&^.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2016, 08:33:37 PM »
Aah yes.. sounds like Pinside! The most popular pinball forum in the world and 99% of it isn't worth reading.

I don't blame Homepin from not releasing snippets as he goes along.. that's up to him though and is his way. But the machine is seriously delayed and the delays were first said to be due to ITC not approving artwork etc.. then the death of his wife which is understandable and tragic. But then we get CAD drawings of the pop bumper assemblies as late as Jan this year. You would think that these would have been designed and ready to go if delay is pending artwork approval. To the outsider, things aren't adding up and so the questions begin and will continue.. couple that with issues on the Lowboys etc and you have yourself a recipe for doubt.

Sterns release of the Magna slings was just stupid.. all it did was show Stern reinventing what is already on every Addams family and not done well at that!... " Here are our Magna slings - they don't work properly yet but im sure you can all see the potential". Oddly enough, we cant see the potential... does it work better than a rubber band and an open switch that closes?...NOPE... is it better than something from 1992?...NOPE.. should they keep R&D private?... the backlash would suggest a YES on that.

BTW.. I hope the blowjob is from the slimmer... would be a pretty funky feeling

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »
Aah yes.. sounds like Pinside! The most popular pinball forum in the world and 99% of it isn't worth reading.

I don't blame Homepin from not releasing snippets as he goes along.. that's up to him though and is his way. But the machine is seriously delayed and the delays were first said to be due to ITC not approving artwork etc.. then the death of his wife which is understandable and tragic. But then we get CAD drawings of the pop bumper assemblies as late as Jan this year. You would think that these would have been designed and ready to go if delay is pending artwork approval. To the outsider, things aren't adding up and so the questions begin and will continue.. couple that with issues on the Lowboys etc and you have yourself a recipe for doubt.

Sterns release of the Magna slings was just stupid.. all it did was show Stern reinventing what is already on every Addams family and not done well at that!... " Here are our Magna slings - they don't work properly yet but im sure you can all see the potential". Oddly enough, we cant see the potential... does it work better than a rubber band and an open switch that closes?...NOPE... is it better than something from 1992?...NOPE.. should they keep R&D private?... the backlash would suggest a YES on that.

BTW.. I hope the blowjob is from the slimmer... would be a pretty funky feeling
spot on, I just shake my head on the heated debates on things that are based on fiction, which may come true, but may not. A lot of what ifs. I don't mind hearing about possibilities but don't like the mega posts about the disappointment of playfield wear etc......mate you don't have a game yet is what I'm thinking and you're already slashing your wrists.

Stern might not handle things well, but I'm a numbers guy, and if sales are there I wouldn't change too many things. Pollies say nothing and we still vote them in, pollies say stupid stuff and we still vote them in....and why, because we have to vote. I had to buy this LE, no logic, no reasoning, just gotta. Stern know that.

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2016, 09:13:50 PM »
Maybe it is just me, and I don't mean that as a stir.  But I love every game with magnets.  I don't know why but I find the 'magical' randomness appealing.

Now regarding the extra services that the machine is promised to have.  Perhaps the number match reward is the a massage:  The magnets alternate at a fast rate, the machine goes into two ball multi ball, you place your body part that needs a massage in-between the two steals balls that are alternating between the slits at about 50 times per second.  The vibrating balls should provide sufficient pleasure. :lol

(Apologies, I never wanted to be crude on this forum, but could not resist this one).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:29:49 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2016, 09:50:13 PM »
I'm offended  *.*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
+1

For what it's worth, is someone has more than one pin at home "I think" the magnetic slings will be great.  You don't want every game to be the same, and the magnetic slings will probably become the defining feature of that game.  If GB was the only game in my home, for me I'd probably prefer the Pro as I'd like a more generic machine if I only had one machine.

How much criticism has pinball received for not having any innovation since Williams stopped making pinball.  Now we get magnetic slings, and people don't want the traditional slings changed. ^&^.

Spot on about innovation-Stern innovates and they cop a hammering-some on here are the worst offenders to lol

PS: see ya Saturday Rob hopefully your going :)

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2016, 11:35:59 PM »
I just meant that if you release details about an upcoming game that is not finished you get hammered for it.

Alternatively, if you do not release details about an upcoming game that is not finished you get hammered for it........ @@^

*you being the manufacturer*

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:37:40 PM by Cursed »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2016, 08:01:49 AM »
I'm in that same situation time and time again with the wife. Can never do right  %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:08 AM »
The negative stuff written about games that no one has played is always amusing for me. It is like Stern or other manufacturers have to design pinball exactly to the specs of a critic to make them happy.

I know from my experience with KISS that armchair critics dismissed the game as they don't like the theme. It needs code, but it is an awesome game. When Swinks shared the first GB photos on AP, I was awestruck by the art, and the layout looked amazing. The critics then took out the electron microscope looking for things that were "wrong" according to them and then they run off with their negative agenda. This kind of attitude was last seen in primary school.

I would have bought GB as I love the movies and the pinball has hand drawn art and is designed by my favorite designer. I didn't pull the trigger due to Stern releasing unfinished games. But I know those that did buy the game will be happy if they have patience with the code.

I do think Stern should revert back to the old days of releasing the title the day they release the game, with good code. This pre release media just stirs the critics, and they can never shut up !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
I see no problem with pointing out obvious design faults and offering constructive criticism towards existing manufacturers or addressing elephant in the room issues regarding repeated delays and extraneous excuses from new startups which on OTHER forums the rank and file members are either too shitscared to raise or have been browbeaten into subservient compliance by the existing arbitrary hierarchy.

That is how companies learn from their mistakes and evolve with better processes, not by surrounding themselves with slavish grovellers who fawn over anything Stern (or anyone in a position of quasi-authority) posts online. How does a printed spelling error located 5cm above the flippers make it past pre-production quality control onto the playfield of a production machine anyway? You would have spent weeks if not more staring at that playfield design on a screen prior to it reaching production and yet first video uploaded of a machine onsite and there is the error in all it's glory.

It is obvious that Stern has little idea how to market a pinball machine to appeal to a wider demographic, so they choose to go down one of two paths with every single release - have the in house "marketing manager" walk around the offices/factory floor at regular intervals and film something on an Iphone to upload so that the faithful can add their inane commentary to it (and block any comments which are critical of the machine) or deliberately leaking information to a selec few disciples on pinside in the hope of generating speculative chatter and free limited publicity.

Neither of these methods gets their product salience beyond the existing consumer base.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:36:34 PM by pinsanity »

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #463 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:50 PM »
I don't think anyone would suggest criticism is bad, rather its often they way its said.  And yes it does lead to improvement.  We just need to all think about how its said, by considering that there are always likely people with the opposite views and certainly many sitting in the middle.  Someone who like something that is being criticised can provide an emotional response if the critisism is delivered with emotion.  Both sides end up taking the comments are personal insults.

...Back to GB, based on the price of premiums and LEs these days there may not be to many on location.  But if anyone has a GB premium or LE located near them, I'm will into to bet they rush out to play the magna kickers!! *)*

How long they then keep playing will then vary of course.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
I like criticisms and concerns. But to cast aspersions on something that is not tested or proven and have someone dispute them. Then leave it and wait to see if they come to fruition. What I don't like is an all out fist fight over something that may not happen yet or will ever. I know my tv could catch fire but its highly unlikely so I'll worry about it when it happens.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:00:00 PM by pinball god »