Author Topic: Stern KISS LE Review  (Read 18080 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern KISS LE Review
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »
I didn't go as I've seen this coverband  version a few times and they are simply going through the motions. Credit to them - they still put on a better performance than most artists half their age. 

Interesting observation. On the left hand side on stage behind Simmons position there was a black shower curtain type set up like a one person privacy screen.

From the front on position you had no idea what was behind it, but from my seated side on vantage point you could see there was a seat behind it and nothing else.

It was quite funny to watch Simmons quickly ducking behind the screen at regular intervals throughout the show for a sit down and quick kip.

Or maybe it was a grandpa power nap.  :lol

There are not many bands that have been around for 40+ years that can still deliver a decent show that is worth the money. The Rolling Stones have been around a fair bit longer, but they tour once every 5 years. AC/DC, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath do the same. KISS have toured almost every year since 1973. They don't wear Jeans and a T-Shirt - they wear costumes, platform boots and amongst other things, breath fire and put on a spectacle that not many bands in history can compare. I can't them going on for much longer, but I respect their longevity and contribution / influence on my life.

I played my LE for 2 hours tonight. Switched off "work mode" and played pinball. I'd love to remove my obvious bias of the theme and hear other people's opinion..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia