Author Topic: Stern KISS LE Review  (Read 18157 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern KISS LE Review
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:25:27 PM »
I wonders if there is any adjustment in the head? It is a pain when she goes down the guts trying to get multiball.

Yes, the left/right angle of Gene's head is adjustable.

I would guess that factory setting is for a level setting on the leg levellers (normal playfield slope).  Gene probably can't spit his fire balls where intended, if the machine is not at the factory slope setting.  That's my guess.

PS.
I saw a KISS LE on the weekend.  Very nice.  Best pinball machine since Metallica, and probably better than Metallica.  (And I'm no KISS or Metallica fan.  They are simply great games)

The assembly can be adjusted. Also, the simple action of holding both flippers at the point of the balls flying out saves them all from draining. I didn't want to do this as it fries the older Stern flippers coil setup. Simple fix.

I think almost everyone has had a game or two and its coming home. My son (on holidays) came to work today and played it for an hour. The attention span for 11 year olds is about 25 seconds these days.. So I was most impressed. But he wants it home now.

Further playing of the game leads be to believe that Stern need to move away from dot animation and upgrade to LCD. This game lacks good animation and was the perfect title to be the first.

The funniest remarks I've had from almost all pinheads - "It does not play like a stern". Not a criticism - just an interesting observation. Consistent with my findings that I almost cannot play TWD LE - it "feels" different. I'm loving my LE - really has rekindled my interest in "playing" rather than working on pinballs.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia