Author Topic: Knocker Coil Issue  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Knocker Coil Issue
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
You have the 4in1 pascal board right?
The niwumpf runs the original gottlieb power supply where the pascal is all in one board.
You should be able to eliminate the shorted display by comparing it to the others with your multimeter
Check the 60 volt line back to ground on the disconnected displays one will show a short
You may even be able to see a burnt ic and the multimeter will confirm

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »
That's a PCB fuse.. RS should have them. If not can solder in any fuse

Thanks Retro Pin, Dan had already pointed me to those transistors but I didn't know it was a pcb fuse I was looking for, that changes the game! well done. :)

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »
Did you find them?

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/non-resettable-wire-ended-fuses/2260557/

Thanks Retro Pin, the link helped now I need to find these at RS (BZW06-64V transil diode) and I can get all the spares I need and at a good price. :)

Chris, I am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around your suggestion but will look at it again tomorrow with a clear head.

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »
Thanks Dan (DSB) for coming over today and repairing my board, no more solenoid issues. Made my day and glad you enjoyed playing the old school machines.

When I bought it there were digits missing in the credit displays and the same problem was there with the new 4 in 1 board so today I repinned the connectors on that display and same thing missing/fading digits so I swapped the credit displays from Sinbad with Cleopatra and bingo they are both good. Strange as it doesn't make sense to me but glad it's fixed.

I recently had the display fuse blow on the pascal board so I replaced the fuse and removed all display connectors then turned it on, all good so started adding the displays one by one turning off in between of course. All went good from 1 - 3 including credit/ball display so I am assuming it is the forth one, waiting on fuses to arrive to check the last display and go from there.

This almost completes this project except for the Photoshop Artwork for the backglass replacement which I am slowly chipping away at!

To top the day off I went and bought a 1978 Charlies Angels that isn't too bad compared to Cleopatra so this one is going to get a freshen up not a complete resto.

Thanks to everyone for their input and help on this project, you guy's rock! it would be a frustrating struggle without you.

Regards: Brettski... :)

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
No Worries mate! You have done a great job restoring those machines. They look awesome and played super fast and smooth.