Author Topic: Sending money to China  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Sending money to China
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:31 PM »
It seems Western Union will no longer send money to China for bought goods.. can only be as a personal gift. Ive always used WE for this and lately its been getting more and more convoluted to do but now.. well.. its no longer possible.
Company wont accept paypal.
If I do a bank transfer I have to send off and pay for a token meaning payment will be late next week at the earliest.

I tried XandPay but the website doesn't work properly and I never got the SMS code to proceed.
Transferwise and Transfermate were all useless.

Any suggestions?
Welcome to the global marketplace!

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Sending money to China
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 11:53:35 PM »
Get a Chinese company to copy and counterfeit $AUD and send direct to their fellow country man with a % to them.
The way their economy is heading, someone will do it  @.@
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »
Any company based in Asia that outright refuses Paypal or a credit card payment which allows a chargeback in the event of non receipt of goods would be raising a red flag from the outset for me.

Having said that I have as a last resort used an international SWIFT transfer from my local bank (fee involved which varies from bank to bank) when there is no other option after thoroughly doing a background check on the business I intend to transact with.

The key point is to do due diligence before dealing directly with any company in that region regardless of payment method and by looking at who/what kind of business associations they have had in the last five years.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
Send the money to Homepin and get him to transfer it to the company for you .  %.%

Mike accepts PayPal doesn't he ? .  :lol

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »
Any company based in Asia that outright refuses Paypal or a credit card payment which allows a chargeback in the event of non receipt of goods would be raising a red flag from the outset for me.

Having said that I have as a last resort used an international SWIFT transfer from my local bank (fee involved which varies from bank to bank) when there is no other option after thoroughly doing a background check on the business I intend to transact with.

The key point is to do due diligence before dealing directly with any company in that region regardless of payment method and by looking at who/what kind of business associations they have had in the last five years.

Company is sound.. ive been getting samples made and sent for free for a while now based on a finalised product and MOQ... well im at the finalised  product and all of a sudden my normal method of payment is no longer.
Im going with my bank in the end and have sent off for a USB token that allows me to transfer.. takes 6-9 working days though for some reason.. guess they are all union or council workers.
Just to add, not many Chinese companies will accept Paypal.. old matey selling his goods on Ebay will as he uses Ebay to enter the Western market.. but a big electronic company in Taipei? Nope.. I had to talk them into accepting WE only to find its all changed.
Also.. when I type FINALISED  I expect it to remain so and not have the S turned into a Z just because its sounds like that in the word... I can spell thank you dumb arse computer ( note: it also turns THAN into THEN.. completely different word).. anyone else find this friggin irritating?

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
Yeah all good that's why I added the or credit card (preferably through a third party processor). It legitimises their operation to an extent as part of the background check.

Another tip is to get those SWIFT/IBAN details correct to the letter. Otherwise the payment will reject and there will be yet another fee on top (at least with CommBank) to retrieve the payment.