Author Topic: **CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v2.0**  (Read 43186 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
**CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v2.0**
« on: November 18, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
In the Snackbar Mod V1.0 I made 6 protos and 99 production units which will be floating around the whole world in peoples games. Many people know me for my engineering approach with the focus to make and supply a quality, reliable and long lasting mod.

So the mod will still remain very similar looking - actually 95% the same and very conscious of keeping the cool iconic era look. The 5% change is I plan on removing the el-wire from the design for 3 reasons - cost, supply and 12 vdc power drain on a heavily modded CFTBL game. I am proposing to switch to "end lit" perspex panels housed in the side of the snackbar mod. In addition I will supply 2 lights - one for under the dome (which people had to buy their own in the past) and the other for inside the snackbar top to end light both perpex panels. The beauty of this proposed change is that you will have 1-6 or more colour choices (white, blue, red, green, yellow) to light up your perpex adding your personal touch to the mod. In addition the goal is to not draw on the 12vdc in the backbox and therefore reduce that modding stress of power issues. Though v1.0 did not draw alot but in a couple of circumstances was the straw that broke the camels back causing a minor headache for a short period. The lights will now be power by the gi socket underneath the snackbar mod removing the need for a lead back to the backbox.

The stainless steel plate will not change nor will the post locations as am conscious of some guys possibly wanting to upgrade their v1.0 tops to v2.0 tops.

The decals won't change as I am quite happy with them but open to some minor suggestions.

The mounting system will change a little as my goal is to reduce the screws on top and make it easier to install with no requirement for ramps to come off. The result was I was able to reduce the noticeable screws from 5 to 2.

It will still have a red dome, with the aqua blue for the main body as it ties in with the decal and fits in with the playfield art.
This time around with payment, I will request in Aus Dollars as last time I requested in USD as now most parts are Aus made / supply.

The Cost - is $227 (excluding paypal fees) Australian Dollars and will come with all parts including all light components + Postage via Paypal.

Postage - will be finalised at time of sending though roughly $21.50 to US/Canada & $25.50 to Europe and will be registered and will be charged at cost only. And those in Aus - worst case registered is $15 but could be a little cheaper - depends on location.

For the guys who supported the Snackbar v1.0, you will be honored with a 5% on the full mod or tops only. But remember for the v1.0 guys wanting just the tops only, if you want the base down the track I will honour the 5% discount and it will be $28 with another $20-$25 shipping so please consider your options as you may choose to get a full kit and then be able to sell the kit that you don't want down the track.

I will be offering a 5% discount to anyone buying a poster mod only after they have already paid for a snackbar mod V1.0 / 2.0.

I will make a small percentage donation back to Aussie Pinball from each unit sold as well.

Photos below of of a home test print with the goal to have final product photos in a few weeks time. The first photo shows one the top light blade sanded to help diffuse the light a little better and soften the look - all will be supplied with this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:40:48 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline McKie1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: **CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v2.0**
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »
Does look good.

I'd be in for one when all good to go please.

Cheers.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
no worries McKle1 your on the list

as well as you GAP

thanks for the support guys.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »
Now for the surprise.....  :D

The price that I have listed for the v2.0 mod is for a fixed colour strip. The below video shows a different version that I am toying with and still having some issues with power and final lighting design so is not released yet but it is important in this conversation as it shows the potential of the acrylic light blades. The rgb is only 3 leds but intend to use 7-10 leds for a more even light spread.

It is a rgb strip with a remote to adjust and select one colour, or cycle through all colours, pulsing, strobing, with the ability to adjust the speed of colour and pulsing to a slow fade in one colour or through multiply colours. This will allow you to customise the final look.

Please note: the rgb version is not a sellable option at this stage but I am hoping it will be soon (no guarantees), so maybe with some changes as per above and this it could be available around early 2016.

I have 5 x v2.0 samples arriving next week but I am having a few days off with the family and then a week off before starting a new job so in that week I am hoping to paint these 5 x v2.0 and install with a v1.0 decals and see what people think and then possibly remain at the v2.0 or maybe a v3.0 with a entrance and resin tube option with rgb lighting depending on feedback.

Enjoy and let me know what you think (note though this is a raw crappy 3print part with a decal slapped on for effect)

Jady

for pinball t-shirts

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »
Looks very good. I guess doing this way you wouldn't have to do different versions (indiv. Colours).

Happy to be user-selectable :)

Enjoy the break with the family.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
Great job as usual Jady .

Bit of a shame I didn't wait for V2 .. oh well not to worry

Keep up the great work.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 09:08:55 AM »
thanks guys

Bit of a shame I didn't wait for V2 .. oh well not to worry

v2 evolved because 90 of the buyers are from the US and love modding their games and with 12vdc being used alot for pinballmiked's lagoon mod, tail light speaker panel mod, and color dmd - 12 vdc is maxed out

as put to the US guys v1 buyers can buy just the top or a complete unit with a 5% discount.

Looks very good. I guess doing this way you wouldn't have to do different versions (indiv. Colours).

Happy to be user-selectable :)

Enjoy the break with the family.

at the moment it will be one set colour with the goal to go rgb if I can solve a few issues and have the product tailored a little for my product as the fit is bulky

thanks, shooting down to Wollongong for a few days, first break in a few years, gotta find some pins down there.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »
Snackbar v2.0 is finished and have started taking orders as will trickle away at about 10 a month.

- the red domes now snap on to a locator lug inside with a small dab of hot glue to lock in place - this reduces 2 screws and gives a nice cleaner look on top as well as 1 other screw at the back removed as well.
- Comet's new 10 smd strip in place to light the light blades with a dedicated slot for extra security for a cable tie
- 2 x light blades lock in to a hidden tab as well as a post
- no power lead - should be a 5-10 minute install

overall I am happy as it is brighter and runs on less power and to swap to a different colour is easy.

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the support in 2015 to those that bought parts and mods from me as it has helped me alot.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
That looks awesome Jady!

Great work mate, make me want a CFTBL!  ^^^

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
Looking very fine. Happy to paypal whenever u need the funds :) as Michael said if we didn't have a creech it would make u want to buy one.

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »
Merry Christmas swinks, great mod. Please add me to the list.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
here is a basic video - sorry camera is playing up and didn't add the video of the light purple as the camera viewed it as white.   !@# !@# !@#

I will be in touch with people on the list in the next few days to see if they are still keen

for pinball t-shirts

Offline KBRI1700

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 09:17:41 PM »
Have to install my Snackbar Mod Version 1; been a bit slack

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
Merry Christmas swinks, great mod. Please add me to the list.

no worries, your on the list

Have to install my Snackbar Mod Version 1; been a bit slack

no worries, it happens

and thanks for the kind words and support in general from those who messaged me here and via PM ^^^ very much appreciated

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
here is the manual to help you decide to purchase as well as install your mod when you get it

this will be revised shortly once an extra component comes

for pinball t-shirts