Author Topic: New Pin Hauler, er... pin lift, er... OK it's OT, but it WILL lift or haul a pin  (Read 3940 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
I'm all excited about this loader.
It's been freezing rain around here the past couple days so I've been staying indoors trying to empty out the garage a bit so I can bring it in and store/work on it. The cleaning thing is something that has been badly needed for a looong time now. I'm about halfway there on that front.

This machine just has bucket controls and I've decided to blow more money on it and add auxiliary hydraulics so I can add powered attachments like a grapple or post hole auger or hoe (oh yea). So I've been researching hydraulics, which I know very little about. Now I know a little bit and I've picked out an appropriate valve stack. We have a holiday right now - stores are closed - so I'll probably order the thing Monday and get things moving on that. Also, a friend of mine operates this kind of stuff for a living (his own company) and he is pretty sure he has a pair of forks I can have to make my own forklift attachment for it. That will be nice - I can probably use a forklift more than anything else.
I also decided I need to make a cage to keep the insane operator from having a bad day. That's more of a housekeeping chore since it doesn't make it more coolerer, but it will be good to get that done.

So two main projects for this baby and I'll be tearing up the landscape in no time. Probably a month I think. But it works OK as it sits too, so I'll be doing things now and then anyway. By the looks of it, I may put it to use moving snow out  of the way pretty soon  !!! At least I can do that now if I need to. The hand shovels can take a rest (and me too).
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.