Author Topic: New Pin Hauler, er... pin lift, er... OK it's OT, but it WILL lift or haul a pin  (Read 3944 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Forgot to follow up on this "pin lift" project.
Without further ado (and believe me, there was ado-o'-plenty on this damn thing) here's a video link.

(the smoke near the end is just from me putting a little too much oil in the sump. It burned away later that day and it's been clean ever since.)

It works great. Finished it up in October I think. Only took 9 long months !!
Every pivot and hole was wallered out, and although it meant a ton of work to fix it all, I took the time to fix it all. Holy crap what a project !!
Painting every little piece became a thing. I got pretty good at getting it over with, but every time I turned around there was 20 more things to paint.
And I thought pinball machines were a lot of work to restore!

Fabricated tons of brackets and such along the way. Changed the engine with a new cheapie and of course that led to a few new bits to make things fit. That just scratches the surface.

Was starting to look like a vehicle again in late September.
I added several upgrades to make it easier to deal with, i.e. the fuel filler was deep inside and you can see the new location on the left side. Ad infinitum.

Anyway, just thought I'd post a finale before I go back to my hibernatin' hole.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.