Author Topic: Pinball stencils : how many of you guys would buy them?  (Read 722 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Good luck and keep us posted

Offline Geoffh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
I hope it brings you lots of joy beaky $#$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Yep - Keep us posted and have fun with your new toy !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
thats great news, have fun learning how to use it, may need some done one day soon.

Ian

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
plotter is great but the software is a pain in the butt.

as far as importing files from corel draw, well i finaly figured it out (after half a day pi** farting around with it) tells you to export from corel as an eps file but it doesn't tell you to mask the items you want to show up on the cutting software and tick this and that before you save it.
ARGG what a pain.

downloaded another cutting program and it is great, just export from corel and import, no masking or ticking this and that.

i have been plotting with a pen instead of cutting vinyl. cheaper way of learning rather than wasting vinyl.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
i cut a practice stencil and it is spot on,
i am using corel draw to make the stencil and exporting it to signlab vinyl 7.1 to cut it
oh well back to the art work now i have got it cutting right, i thought i would make sure the way i was creating the stencil would work before spending hours apon hours to find out i was doing it wrong.

i ended up buying the "refine mh721" plotter this was $100 dollars more than the first one i looked at but after reading the reviews on the two plotters the refine was the way to go. it is classed as an entry level vinyl cutter in the sign industry with plenty of spare parts and compatable with any software that will run the roland brand plotters, plus it takes the roland blades which can be bought from pretty much any one who sells vinyl.
also the refine plotters are used by a lot of sign companies (found this out by reading up on the vinyl cutting forums)
it has plenty of spare parts avilable for it.

the rabbit brand plotter which i first looked at had very little reviews done on it and not many people seem to be buying it.
and cant seem to find may places selling spares for it.

the software that came with it was a joke, i would import somthing and it would not be the same size as it was scanned + it would be a mirror image.
no matter where you placed the object on you work space when it came to cutting it would decide where it was going to cut it and i could not move it on the cut preview.

but the sign lab does what i want and you can cut it out from where you want

ok back to work now
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Great to hear Beaky . Sounds like you have it all sorted now ?
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
yep, im glad i bought it now as i can make stencils for any pin i need to spray + other things like ap pinball stickers which i have posted a suggestion on the show our colors thread,

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:36:06 PM by Beaky »