Author Topic: 5th Jan 2016 - Stern Spiderman VE Comic Version release  (Read 8915 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:23:14 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Wow! That is big $. I actually really like the original, would likely have one but for a local mate having one. Be interesting to see if the game code ends up making this a special game to justify the cost - but as its Stern, that might be a while.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
comes with a extra coil to move the goblin I think, as well as a shaker and custom side rails.

personally I like the VE better as more timeless as based on comics rather than a movie that out dates, the cabinet looks cool as does the backglass - just a shame about the high price.

will save my dollars for a Ghostbusters Pro

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Geez, it doesn't take long!! Don't watch if you are offended by bad language.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Out of all the artists/art from the Marvel SM timeline Stern go with ultimate spiderman art, the worst possible choice for this reskin.
 @.@
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I like the idea of re producing this AMAZING title. Fantastic game. I'm not a purist, so the artwork is not really a big problem for me, although I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The price is a real issue for us Aussies. I hope AMD can sort this out with Stern USA, as the price for a machine that has not had any real development requirement is too high.

I'm also a little pissed that there is a lot of attention on code updates for TWD and Wrestlemania, yet my KISS LE is screaming for a code update.

I really hope Stern continue with these VE games - I love the idea and would seriously consider Ironman - but not at that price.

Maybe the bubble will burst and games will become cheaper and sell more numbers  @@*

Keeping it all positive - I think the idea is brilliant.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Stern Pinball Debuts Spider-Man Vault Edition Machine

ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL – January 04, 2016 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the release of its Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machine.

Inspired by the Marvel Universe Comic series, Spider-Man Vault Edition is an update of the pinball classic. The game features all-new art, animation and sound packages based on the legendary Ultimate Spider-Man comic series.

“Spider-Man is one of Marvel’s most popular characters worldwide. Our goal was to take one of our most popular games and make it even better,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “Stern Pinball and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of collaboration. This is a great pinball interpretation of the adventures of Spider-Man”.

Spider-Man Vault Edition features:
• The same amazing gameplay of the original, with an all new look and feel.
• All new art package, including: cabinet, back glass, decals, and playfield plastics, designed based on images from the actual Marvel Ultimate Spider-Man comics library.
• All new custom-molded toys specifically designed and decorated to capture the Ultimate Spider-Man art style (Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom and Green Goblin).
• All new animation and dot matrix video art designed around the Ultimate Spider-Man comic art.
• All new custom speech and sound effects for all characters.
• New mode event themes based on the Ultimate Spider-Man Universe.
• Webslinger themed laser-cut side armor in black powder coat with contrasting color inserts.
• Two new music tracks plus the original score.
• Numerous improvements to durability based on research of the original game’s field experience, including:
o Steel plastic protectors at the Sandman and in the pop bumper area.
o VUK opening playfield protectors at Doc Ock and the Sandman.
o Stainless steel playfield protector beneath the webslinger in the pops.
o All stainless steel webslinger ball guides.
o Improved ramp guards.
o Optimizations to the design of anti-ball trap plastics and ramp covers.
o Improved wire form ramp mounting details.
o Anti-wear Doc Ock playfield magnet assembly.
o All LED playfield lighting.

The Ultimate Spider-Man is a superhero comic book series published by Marvel Comics from 2000 to 2009. The series is a modernized re-imagining of Marvel's long-running Spider-Man comic book franchise as part of its Ultimate Marvel imprint.

Pricing and Availability:
Vault Edition: $7,595 USA MSRP; sales tax not included

Spider-Man Vault Edition is available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world and additional details are available upon request.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.
Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include Game of Thrones, KISS, WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man, Batman, and many more! All of Stern’s pinball games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit www.sternpinball.com.

About Marvel Entertainment, LLC
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit marvel.com. © 2015 MARVEL

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
and a few more

for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
That actually looks pretty good! One thing I didn't like about the original is that it was too dark for me.
Shame I don't like the comic book/ super hero thing. Will definitely attract a new audience on site, good ploy by STERN.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
looks good to me  () As stated previously price is a major killer,

Stay tuned for more VE Prem priced editions coming out soon  

https://youtu.be/-7kJO_Pzvaw

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Thumbs up for the artwork. Looks very good.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
2016 Spider-Man Vault edition by Stern
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »
I haven't seen a thread on here ? Re the new 2016 Spider-Man Vault edition Stern announced on 5th Jan on its website.

Seems to be such a popular title just like the Ironman Vault edition & originals were.

Anyone placed their name down for one or thinking about getting a price on one or doing a deposit.

Great to see Stern unlocking the vault and the word is the vault door will be opened far more for other popular titles from the past.

Was also good to see both the Kiss Pro & the Game of Thrones Pro on TV the other day featured for a good 6 or 7 minutes plus extra minutes about collectors & pin venues in Australia.

Pinball is going great guns.
All the best everyone for a great 2016.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Well what do you know... it looks like a pinball machine and not an exercise in the basics of Photoshop!
Man that art is bright, nicely laid out and just makes me want to have a play... so yes! We are back to making pinball machines.

On looks alone.. this is a winner to be sure

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
5th Jan 2016 - Stern Spiderman VE Comic Version release
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 09:15:09 AM »
Machine looks great far better than the original with some nice bling added I'd love one. It's a premium game priced as a premium great art like KISS METALLICA not to mention TWD and  still cheaper than a 14k remake/refake of an old clunker

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
 $#$
Machine looks great far better than the original with some nice bling added I'd love one. It's a premium game priced as a premium great art like KISS METALLICA not to mention TWD and  still cheaper than a 14k remake/refake of an old clunker

Well said Pete.

Imagine the art on the next two years offerings.
Every year we are getting blown away by great packages.
Glad to be a Stern buyer in 2016.
Exciting times ahead.
It's great fun being part of the Stern success story.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !