Author Topic: Top 10 games in your collection - do you have them ?  (Read 35775 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Top 10 games in your collection - do you have them ?
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »
Great topic Strangeways!

When I first started collecting I was very much into the SS games of my arcade days. I had not played a pinball since the late 1980's (other than the odd game in a noisy pub). So for the first few years I mostly wanted SS games. But soon after I got my first game, I came across an AFM at the theater which expanded my horizons. Over time the SS games have mostly left in favour of DMDs.

In the order of what I wanted to get as the collecting bug bit and grew....

1. Time Warp (the game that I wanted as the "I just want one game from my arcade days" game) - still have;
2. AFM (unfair to come across one of the best DMD games ever so early, the bug bit hard) - still got;
3. Twilight Zone (I started looking for games in the wild to see what other DMDs were out there) - bought but sold as not my style;
4. Joker Poker (a mate mentioned this when playing TW with me as his favorite which reminded me about it as well) - still have;
5. Firepower (this was the game that most attracted me away from my favorite TW in the arcade) - still have;
6. BBB (reading of all things pinball and the demise of the manufacturers in the 1990's lead me to this game, and then suddenly it was being made) - still have;
7. Black Hole (this only seemed to be working once or twice when I wanted to play it, but boy it left an impression) - still have;
8. Funhouse (best toy ever!) - still have;
9. Jurassic Park (one of the few games I played in the 1990's, still remember the pub and how impressed I was with this game) - still have;
10. Kingpin (well maybe one day they will make it or I will finish it)

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”