Author Topic: Rare!  (Read 7403 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rare!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:16:22 PM »
The context I was referring to was the amount of machines in Australia from total runs of 2000 machines or less generally speaking because with low numbers of games, barely any would have made it to Australia.

What total number of that machine in Australia equals rare ?
5, 10 or 50 ? Or 100 only ?

The Stern games sold into Australia could be considered rare out here cause some titles, broken up into Pro, Premium or LE may only number 50 or 100.

Compared to games like Twilight Zone or Addams Family or 1978 Kiss etc, the numbers are rare.

When a game like Godzilla came out in 1998, only 500 were made.
How many made it to Austria as a new machine. Barely any.
Now, in the last say 7 years, I have seen about 10 total advertised and have only seen 4 others in collections other than the one I purchased.

So the question is, what is rare. 5, 10, 50 or 100.

Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash is another rare game.
Produced four times as much as Godzilla but a machine that was white and didn't age real good when onsite with cigarette smoke and the playfields were discoloured badly on most, again, I only know of 3 in Australia other than the 2 I purchased and fell in love with.

Rare today or rare when sold new.

Rare can mean a lot of things.
Good topic though.
Cause anything usually nominated for the list, u rarely see in collectors houses in Australia.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !