Author Topic: Rare!  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rare!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:16:22 PM »
The context I was referring to was the amount of machines in Australia from total runs of 2000 machines or less generally speaking because with low numbers of games, barely any would have made it to Australia.

What total number of that machine in Australia equals rare ?
5, 10 or 50 ? Or 100 only ?

The Stern games sold into Australia could be considered rare out here cause some titles, broken up into Pro, Premium or LE may only number 50 or 100.

Compared to games like Twilight Zone or Addams Family or 1978 Kiss etc, the numbers are rare.

When a game like Godzilla came out in 1998, only 500 were made.
How many made it to Austria as a new machine. Barely any.
Now, in the last say 7 years, I have seen about 10 total advertised and have only seen 4 others in collections other than the one I purchased.

So the question is, what is rare. 5, 10, 50 or 100.

Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash is another rare game.
Produced four times as much as Godzilla but a machine that was white and didn't age real good when onsite with cigarette smoke and the playfields were discoloured badly on most, again, I only know of 3 in Australia other than the 2 I purchased and fell in love with.

Rare today or rare when sold new.

Rare can mean a lot of things.
Good topic though.
Cause anything usually nominated for the list, u rarely see in collectors houses in Australia.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
Post production international container imports have nullified the belief of those low production run C list or below machines being classified as rare. At best they are container filler for the more well known titles that the end consumers are increasingly demanding more of and willing to pay for to get their hands on one.

Godzilla for example gets listed every few months on ebay from the same seller down in Inverloch for some over the top price and never sells and Bugs Bunny has been spotted on gumtree many times in different States negating the notion that there are only 3 machines in the entire country.

The idea that a post 2000 Stern machine could be classified as rare isn't accurate either since Stern can always do another run of Pro/Premium to meet current demand including having AMD piggyback off a major US/Euro distro order plus they can get around the rare LE claim by releasing the same machine with some new artwork (e.g. ACDC Luci).

As pinnies4me said 200 BBB for the entire world with no chance of being remade due to particular circumstances is rare.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »
Almost missed the rare $10349.00 untested Tee'd Off.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1993-Teed-Off-Pinball-Machine-from-Gottlieb-D-Co-RARE-/252273352734?hash=item3abca9e01e:g:v4wAAOSwa-dWrv3g
the games not really rare but I would agree it's rare to see them at those prices

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
LOL bloody LOL!!!

..It powers up and seems to make the right noises..

Gee! What more could you want form a 9 grand machine??

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Maybe it has 8 grand in the coin box!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »
Maybe these games 'rarely' work?? Or they require a rare person to actually cough up that kinda money for such titles
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »
Maybe these games 'rarely' work?? Or they require a rare person to actually cough up that kinda money for such titles

I think you're onto something Rob!

He has a "make an offer" option but at starting points like that who could be bothered. Certainly put me off regardless of what price they come back to and there's a couple there that I would have been interested in if they were priced somewhere within a reasonable ballpark.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:29 PM »

He has a "make an offer" option but at starting points like that who could be bothered. Certainly put me off regardless of what price they come back to and there's a couple there that I would have been interested in if they were priced somewhere within a reasonable ballpark.
have tried putting in a fair offer to see if it get an auto knock back?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 11:47:56 PM »

have tried putting in a fair offer to see if it get an auto knock back?

No, I'd rather wait for other machines to come up. Something tells me that regardless of price dealing with this seller would be more trouble than it's worth. If the prices didn't confirm it then the descriptions certainly do. I mean he has quite a few machines listed so he must have been into them at some stage. I find it very difficult to believe he doesn't know if they're 100% working.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 11:15:03 AM »
OMG!.......Lucky they're Rare!   $$(

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1978-SinBad-Pinball-Machine-from-Gottlieb-D-Co-RARE-/252273342966?hash=item3abca9b9f6:g:ma4AAOSwa-dWrvp6

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1979-Count-Down-Pinball-Machine-from-Gottlieb-D-Co-RARE-/252273339237?hash=item3abca9ab65:g:2~cAAOSwKtlWrvk8

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1978-Last-Lap-Pinball-Machine-from-Playmatic-RARE-/252273346867?hash=item3abca9c933:g:0FsAAOSwFMZWrvxe

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1977-Jet-Spin-Pinball-Machine-from-Gottlieb-D-Co-RARE-/252273335732?hash=item3abca99db4:g:nhsAAOSwnLdWrvdR

From that list - "Last Lap" is rare. But is "Raven Rare" - in other words, it is rare because it is junk. But there are some games with higher production runs - "Hard Bodies" - an example of a game that is rare because they were basically all parted out - they made no money onsite. "BMX" is the same layout, but a better theme. Only 406 made - that is a rare game.

Just looking at those auctions - I can't wait to see other sellers quickly find the same titles and list them at similar prices. Yes - this is now their "market value" !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 01:36:08 AM »
Those prices are madness, I spotted a Strikes and Spares the other day for almost $6k and nearly destroyed my keyboard when I choked on my coffee!

Prices are really starting to get ridiculous, ok if your selling I spose! At least I know I have a good investment that won't lose value.

Brettski... :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:30 AM »
Post production international container imports have nullified the belief of those low production run C list or below machines being classified as rare. At best they are container filler for the more well known titles that the end consumers are increasingly demanding more of and willing to pay for to get their hands on one.

Godzilla for example gets listed every few months on ebay from the same seller down in Inverloch for some over the top price and never sells and Bugs Bunny has been spotted on gumtree many times in different States negating the notion that there are only 3 machines in the entire country.

The idea that a post 2000 Stern machine could be classified as rare isn't accurate either since Stern can always do another run of Pro/Premium to meet current demand including having AMD piggyback off a major US/Euro distro order plus they can get around the rare LE claim by releasing the same machine with some new artwork (e.g. ACDC Luci).

As pinnies4me said 200 BBB for the entire world with no chance of being remade due to particular circumstances is rare.

I never said there were only 3 Bugs Bunnys in the entire country.
I said I only knew of apx 5.

Pinsanity. Why do u always twist things & stick the knife in.

At &0 yrs of age, u shld know better by now. Lol

U don't always have to be spiteful every time I post something.
Every single thread you do it every time I post something.

Surely you can attempt to be the bigger man & lose the spitefulness.
There are more rare games in pinball collections other than BBB.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:36:53 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »
Those prices are madness, I spotted a Strikes and Spares the other day for almost $6k and nearly destroyed my keyboard when I choked on my coffee!

Prices are really starting to get ridiculous, ok if your selling I spose! At least I know I have a good investment that won't lose value.

Brettski... :)

Wow. 6 grand. The last one I saw in Qld, the guy couldn't sell at 2 grand & it was very nice.
Some prices are crazy.