Author Topic: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball  (Read 51084 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Yes indeed, that proves my eye for detail is poor. Nice touch, now you got my interest as to why.  ^^^

for a few reasons,
- wanting to follow Trudeau with wider spaced flippers as commonly most designers have the flipper bat post holes 6 3/4", 6 7/8" to 7" where Trudeau does 7 1/8" but his become really tight inlanes and dividers - like GB has 4 but that game loses the timber stiffeners in this area and replaced with thin metal plates.
- wanting to have a even balanced apron with the drain area dead centre not like the traditional to the lhs due to the shooter / plunger lane
- wanting to have the ability to comfortably have 4 inlanes to the flippers (2 each side) or something different 3 inlanes on the lhs and 1 on the rhs
- also removing the traditional shooter lane then allows on average about 40mm of playfield playing area as well - getting close to that wide body effect
- if I have a new mech in under the apron that can house 3 balls and shoot up between the flippers - removes one mech from a regular build reducing game cost and possible use that saving towards another feature.
or
- if I have the ball drain under the apron and then redirected to say with the DoH game possibly redirect the balls to exit from the Dukes Barn to feed to the rhs inlane / flipper

With the above I would still have a skill shot feature but timed for 10 seconds to achieve with a choice of 3 to shoot.

Basically am wanting to try a few things differently and hopefully change the game play feel a little (hopefully not for the worst).

So the design is a temporary and the inlanes will probably change to slimmer stern type ones.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts