Author Topic: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball  (Read 51205 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: "Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
as for the sheriff badge in the game, the dukes are always in trouble with the law so the badge will be a focal point (for missions to achieve) with something like a graphic of dirt "donut" circle work around the badge as the Dukes like to tease the law.

as a design just this feature is important as I wanted the badge to be true to the graphic scale and then suit current available inserts - 1 1/16" equilateral triangle inserts and a 1 1/2" round insert for the centre - I was thinking of fully lighting the triangle but then there is no meat left in the playfield between the triangles so decided to light up the leaf scroll work and then the centre scale.

game will have 6 different challenges relating to the badge points with the centre then being a wizard mode and then once the badge is white lit (silver badge) then a harder batch of challenges turn the silver badge to a gold badge with yellow light and the centre then being the grand wizard mode. I won't to have that clear visual of modes to complete and how far you are away from a wizard mode. One of the apron rule cards will clearly state what has to be achieved to lit each point of the badge so the playfield is not full of writing
eg1. 50 x hits of the pops starts a bar fit and police have to go in there to arrest / chase the dukes
eg2. 5 x runs through cooters upgrades the General Lee with a dixie air horn but causes noise disturbance - which will turn on a real dixie air horn when a rump is completed

these are just ideas but I want to ensure players have to uterlise all features of the playfield yet simple to read off a card what to shot for.

in the end a fun learning design exercise.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:50:06 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts