Author Topic: Would you buy one in 2016 or 2017 ? NEW TMNT game  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Would you buy one in 2016 or 2017 ? NEW TMNT game
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:36:31 PM »
If a 2016 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinball was done now based on the ultra modern & very cool
Nickelodeon TMNT current High Def cartoon series, would you buy or want to play a 2016 version of TMNT ?

The current artwork & subject matter in the late 2014, 2015 plus 2016 current series TMNT cartoons are amazingly modern & fun for both kids & adults.

Being a family friendly topic, a cool subject for young kids & for us adults who grew up on TMNT cartoons, it's a instantly recognisable worldwide subject great again for pinball in this modern age.

It could be sited anywhere, and perhaps a hit again for home pinball users.

Would you like to see this famous title remade but modernised as a completely new design by Stern or JJP or whoever.

Thoughts anyone ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:38:05 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Re: Would you buy one in 2016 or 2017 ? NEW TMNT game
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 01:13:18 AM »
Forgot to mention,

In the latest TMNT cartoons, the turtles play their own pinball machine that features heavily throughout the series.
The pinball is a 1978 to 1980 style pinny called "Space Heroes" based on the turtles favourite cartoon.

The pinball is in their home called the Lair & all the characters in the cartoon play the pinball machine.
So art/cartoons imitating real life which is cool.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:04:24 AM »
Popular theme I'd say but not for me :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »
Popular theme I'd say but not for me :)

Thanks for your reply Pete.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:17:44 PM »
TMNT Data East 1991 was a interesting game for a few technical reasons.

It apparently was the first DE to have a flat hidden flap on the playfield that opened up to reveal a ball popping up mysteriously from under the playfield.
Known as the sewer or manhole pop up.

The machine also featured a full backglass still made of proper glass but had a full mirror effect from its design.
Other than the BAck Glass art featuring April with big boobs for the male market, if you look closely at a 1991 TMNT backglass it has a lot of detail & amazing art you first don't notice til u look very closely at it.

Another great feature was the use of the spinning mechanical round pizza playfield disk which also featured magnets.
I have seen some TMNT games released from factory with magnets and some without which is interesting.
The spinning Pizza decal when replaced looks great.

The game also has great audio and was the first DE from memory with the standard sized very thin Alpha Numeric type DMD that had full DMD artwork & animations instead of just numbers and the animations for their day were quite excellent.

A few people who have owned the game would know you can "clock" the game by hitting every feature/mode and then by completing "Turbo Ginzo" in a timed fast play fest which is fun but not easy.

I thought, after knowing the original TMNT DE pinball very well, plus playing the latest TMNT DVD,s which feature a lot of 2015/2016 tech in the cartoons it might sell well for home use or sited etc ?

It's cool to watch the turtles in the latest cartoons always playing a pinball machine.
Almost most episodes.
You know Pinball is back when it's in one of the latest & worlds largest cartoon series.
I am sure there is a massive pinhead or ten on the production team of the latest cartoon series cause it's no accident the pinball features every cartoon they currently do.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:19:59 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
I also wouldn't be interested in the theme but each to their own.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »
Never watched a single second of TMNT so not for either

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 09:52:57 PM »
What Crashramp is saying, is the forum probably don't mind reading each of your general posts but are tired of the crap posts you send to each other. So I don't want to ignore you or CoT just the posts between you. Any suggestion on a solution?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »
Thread cleaned up. A couple of points to consider ;

Thanks to those members that reported the posts. We have moved the non topic posts into archives. A couple of points to think about, and we have mentioned this to all concerned before ;

Please refrain from advising Moderators on how we should moderate and what action we should take.
Please refrain from posting personal information on this forum
Please don't comment or PM us on our findings and actions
No one's opinions represents 1% or 99% of the rest of the forum.

The best advise has already been given. Place members you do not want to interact with on the forum on "Ignore".

This post will be moved after those involved have read the above comments and we have had time to evaluate.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:38 PM »
What Crashramp is saying, is the forum probably don't mind reading each of your general posts but are tired of the crap posts you send to each other. So I don't want to ignore you or CoT just the posts between you. Any suggestion on a solution?

Exactly

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »

Exactly

Which is what I alluded to in my now deleted post. It wasn't a criticism of Crashramp or yourself. It was advice I gave weeks ago to the same individual.

A simple solution would be for you to just retreat back into your own solipsistic fantasy (the ignore button does work you know) and you won't have to get so stirred up about anything I say in my posts including the posts I make that have no direct effect on you whatsoever.

ON TOPIC:

No one with a mentality over the age of 6 years old is interested in a TMNT pinball. That's why the show is broadcast on Nickelodeon - a children's cartoon channel.

The OP asked for thoughts on this theme in the first post and I am giving mine.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »
I have to agree that it seems like a kiddie theme and I have not seen a show so not sure on the target audience. But even from a kid of say nine or so, I always preferred the busty chick, come pool theme, come space adventure themes myself and still prefer the like. Were there any cartoony type pins in the 60's - 90's ish like bugs or mickey etc? I can't recall any???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 11:38:03 PM »

Exactly

Which is what I alluded to in my now deleted post. It wasn't a criticism of Crashramp or yourself. It was advice I gave weeks ago to the same individual.

A simple solution would be for you to just retreat back into your own solipsistic fantasy (the ignore button does work you know) and you won't have to get so stirred up about anything I say in my posts including the posts I make that have no direct effect on you whatsoever.

ON TOPIC:

No one with a mentality over the age of 6 years old is interested in a TMNT pinball. That's why the show is broadcast on Nickelodeon - a children's cartoon channel.

The OP asked for thoughts on this theme in the first post and I am giving mine.

Most of the time CoT comments or starts a thread you comment trying to get a reaction and the result is the thread goes to shit-I'd say you do it deliberately. Maybe you guys need to ignore each other.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
Pete, thanks mate.

Regarding TMNT, they sold 3750 in 1991 so I wonder if they can sell a new design.

The Current TMNT cartoon stuff is advertised everywhere at JB Hi Fi and Big W n K Mart etc etc.
I only know it's released by Nickelodean cause it's on the packaging.
I obviously don't watch the Nickelodean channel & my 6 yr old son watches older stuff usually but the current TMNT stuff on DVD is really well made & because I purchased the TMNT pin u for my kids, I follow the new stuff cause it's family orientated.

I just wondered whether cartoon styled pins might make a 3750 sales target comeback so to speak to ak.

And yes, I now totally ignore anything Insanity.

Thanks to the members who have commented on TMNT.
Very appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:38:35 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »

Maybe you guys need to ignore each other.
[/quote]

But that's quality entertainment for me  ()

TMNT -Not a bad idea considering the new themes with long histories Stern puts out. TMNT holds fond memories for some (early 90's) but the series hasn't carried over well into mainstream 2015 consciousness to warrant a successful (units sold) new pin tie-in. Remember it may look impressive on screen but with the tech they got available to create nowadays, people won't accept anything less.