Author Topic: Would you buy one in 2016 or 2017 ? NEW TMNT game  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Would you buy one in 2016 or 2017 ? NEW TMNT game
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 01:30:31 AM »
You prob correct.
The $ to produce a new title might be too much.
Just wondering if the blockbuster TV style stuff like GOT & Walking Dead will continue into the next 2 years.
What does Stern do if band themes & blockbuster GOT TV style stuff doesn't continue ?

Shld they bring back new versions of stuff from the past which did well or do they go to an unlicensed style pin u ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 02:46:20 AM »
What Crashramp is saying, is the forum probably don't mind reading each of your general posts but are tired of the crap posts you send to each other. So I don't want to ignore you or CoT just the posts between you. Any suggestion on a solution?

Exactly

Which is what I alluded to in my now deleted post. It wasn't a criticism of Crashramp or yourself. It was advice I gave weeks ago to the same individual.

A simple solution would be for you to just retreat back into your own solipsistic fantasy (the ignore button does work you know) and you won't have to get so stirred up about anything I say in my posts including the posts I make that have no direct effect on you whatsoever.

ON TOPIC:

No one with a mentality over the age of 6 years old is interested in a TMNT pinball. That's why the show is broadcast on Nickelodeon - a children's cartoon channel.

The OP asked for thoughts on this theme in the first post and I am giving mine.

Most of the time CoT comments or starts a thread you comment trying to get a reaction and the result is the thread goes to shit-I'd say you do it deliberately. Maybe you guys need to ignore each other.

How an individual chooses to react to a comment that is well within the scope of the original topic question is something that is beyond my ability to control.

But that's quality entertainment for me  ()

TMNT -Not a bad idea considering the new themes with long histories Stern puts out. TMNT holds fond memories for some (early 90's) but the series hasn't carried over well into mainstream 2015 consciousness to warrant a successful (units sold) new pin tie-in. Remember it may look impressive on screen but with the tech they got available to create nowadays, people won't accept anything less.

Indeed.  ()

If anything costs to produce should be less given the diminishment of labour intensity and advancement in automated processes, but as you say the tech has evolved to a point where the subject matter itself is largely obsolete (or uncool to use the vernacular). Pick subject matter that will better resonate with the target demographic like Halo or Minecraft et al and it has a stronger chance of success.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 03:33:58 AM »
You prob correct.
Just wondering if the blockbuster TV style stuff like GOT & Walking Dead will continue into the next 2 years.
What does Stern do if band themes & blockbuster GOT TV style stuff doesn't continue ?

Shld they bring back new versions of stuff from the past which did well or do they go to an unlicensed style pin u ?

Stern will never make an unlicensed game

cost involved would be according to how hot the property is, which maybe why they do not release a game at the same time a movie comes out

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 08:13:32 AM »
You prob correct.

cost involved would be according to how hot the property is, which maybe why they do not release a game at the same time a movie comes out

I could be wrong but hasn't history shown that un-licensed themes sell less units than licensed themes?  They have to release a title that punters know about as sited games are a thing of the past,, it's mainly home market now. I'm very surprised how popular the GB theme is among pin heads.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 08:34:02 AM »
Lots of things surprise me

20yo chicks who like KISS, for example

But it has been a long time since an unlicenced game was even made

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »
Its great to read comments from guys who like to keep on track about pinball.
It is afterall a pinball site for pinball enthusiasts.
I will add funnily enough, there was a TMNT show called "The Night Stalker" but I can't say it was my favourite one. Lol

I think it would be good for pinball if some of the great fun machines of the past were reinvented into 2016.
TMNT was & is popular for younger kids or teenagers or young adults, but those people are now 25 yrs older (from 1991) and are cashed up so, whether it be TMNT or any of the titles from the past, what remake would make a comeback ?

If I was Stern, I would look at what numbers sold the largest and look at doing remakes.
Sticking to current big TV shows is not going to keep working.
Why ?
Cause there is no NOSTALGIA in those shows ?

We need new ideas but sometimes old ideas, revamped for 2016 might work ?
Something that might capture us old kids who have grown up & young kids who are on the way up.
Cartoon stuff does that.

I wish Stern would do a feedback sort of thing to ask people what past titles they would like to see made again.
Anyone else got any other cartoon ideas if TMNT pinny isn't a remake idea.
The revamped 2016 model would have great artwork I know that, if it was ever made.

I also wonder, like cartoons which were hand drawn but have now been replaced with CAD computers, if the cost to bring a pinball title to life has also got a lot cheaper than it was pro rata in 1991 etc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:02:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
Dunno about cartoon themes but maybe they could analyse great games from all makers including themselves and pick out aspects that are really memorable. Maybe a hybrid could be the go or it could also be a dog's breakfast.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
Who knows what titles are coming out in the next two years but it's always a surprise.

Maybe cartoon pinball stuff is all in the past ?

We need something other than HBO TV shows or Band type pinballs.

Will unlicensed stuff ever make a comeback if iconic cartoon stuff is dead, then unlicenced stuff seems even more far away ?

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »
Who knows what titles are coming out in the next two years but it's always a surprise.

Maybe cartoon pinball stuff is all in the past ?

We need something other than HBO TV shows or Band type pinballs.

Will unlicensed stuff ever make a comeback if iconic cartoon stuff is dead, then unlicenced stuff seems even more far away ?

Goosebumps?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 11:24:18 PM »
If that's the movie coming out very soon starting Jack Black with all the very Halloween style monsters in it, it could be a great pinball but perhaps too close to Ghost Busters.

But it would be a licenced theme.
Unless they did a cartoon version which would still be licenced.

Maybe after X Men & Avengers, cartoon based stuff will be few & far between but I am hoping something cartoon would make its way back into pinball cause the hand drawn art is always top notch and not the photo shop stuff everyone seems to dislike.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 09:38:07 AM »
Goosebumps would be a much better choice than turtles.
Base it off the books instead of the movie!
 ^^^
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:44:38 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »

Which is all relative. A title based on hot property will have a larger production run to cater to demand and you can spread the cost of acquisition further (licensing, marketing et al) on a per unit basis. Plus there is the fact that a niche hobby like pinball can piggyback off external marketing for the theme and save outlays there as well - something that Stern does in spades and why they will never make an unlicensed game.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
I am going to give some current 2015/2016 artwork from TMNT to a fellow pinhead who is great on using photoshop etc and ask him if he can mock up a 2016 Stern style Pro for me just to make things interesting.

A combination between a brand new design & the 1991 TMNT could look awesome if done properly.
I don't have the skills on photoshop etc otherwise I would give it a go but will post when I can organise to get some mocked up artwork done for a cabinet & a translite.

Anyone who has any skills in this area is welcome to send me anything they think might look good.
I wish I had Swinksys skill on a computer but alas I will get some help to bring a few artwork ideas to paper, or social media.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 05:14:45 AM »
We all saw how popular the decision was when Stern decided to go with hand drawn artwork on Metallica - finally breaking from the constant photoshop work. Couple that with an original or evolved design from a popular game of the past and it could be successful. Many put their hands up for the Medievil remake. Imagine making a continuation of Catcus Canyon - or King Pin for example. Change the name and use the same concept. Give the designers and support crew the chance to break away from the confines of a licence just once. John Trudeau is a master of making something from nothing.

Who knows if the investors will allow for that within their agreement.