Author Topic: Shortest time a pin has been in your collection.  (Read 1233 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Shortest time a pin has been in your collection.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 11:06:49 PM »
Never sold a game so 3 years and counting is my shortest time. Out of room so may need to learn how to let go and enjoy a bit of variety???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 05:41:44 AM »
Probably a toss up between Secret Service and Circus. I think Secret Service was moved on in a shorter time period. Game was okay, great sounds but the whole buying process and getting it fixed up just left the thing sitting sour with me. The PF ripoff of Flash didn't do much for the respect of the design either.

IIRC, this was the infamous game with the mains power floating around in the fusebox. That game was a deathwish.

Haha, yep that's the one! You'd think a guy working in the biz for 15+ years would know better. Ah well buyer beware. At least it had its 15 minutes of fame from the community once the story was passed around!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 11:29:14 AM »

My missus does not know I have another Spacies.. #@#

Hmmm, how much does keeping that quiet mean to you?   !*!

Best of luck finding the game amongst the others  %$%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »
Probably a toss up between Secret Service and Circus. I think Secret Service was moved on in a shorter time period. Game was okay, great sounds but the whole buying process and getting it fixed up just left the thing sitting sour with me. The PF ripoff of Flash didn't do much for the respect of the design either.

IIRC, this was the infamous game with the mains power floating around in the fusebox. That game was a deathwish.

Haha, yep that's the one! You'd think a guy working in the biz for 15+ years would know better. Ah well buyer beware. At least it had its 15 minutes of fame from the community once the story was passed around!

Although it is an updated WMS Flash, it was still a reasonable player. The retina scan is a cool feature.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »
Space Invaders.

After spending years trying to find the machine my father traded for a brick BBQ in the backyard (1990s), I ended up buying Wotto's project. I restored it and LOVED playing it. It was a big hit on a NYE party at my place, and shortly after, my 2 year old son started having nightmares about the backglass. One night my wife was turning off the lights and she walked past the gamesroom and the reflection from the moon must have caught the reflection of the mirrored backglass and that was enough for her to ask me to move it on ASAP. A blanket was put over the headbox until I sold it - regretfully. I had a deal with the missus - Spaciesr out - Medusa in. So I bought a Medusa and NO ONE ever complained again. Recently, I tracked down another Spacies (via the forum whilst posting this story) and TOAD's missus sold her game to me - which I will wait until my daughter turns 10 to restore.

My missus does not know I have another Spacies.. #@#

Shhhhhh we're keeping this quiet Nino &&

Well its fish tales for me. I know I know let the flaming begin.
I tried to like it, I kept coming back to it. Maybe 100 games played but I just didn't enjoy playing it.
I don't like the in your face boat ramp and the music, that bloody music.
The topper was annoying as well, not that I like toppers. As a matter of fact you will never see a topper on any of my games. I don't like them at all.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 03:33:17 PM »
I think it would be T2 for me. Loved it on site back in the day but couldn't get into it at home for some reason.

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 11:09:16 AM »
White Water for me, about 4 weeks or so..
Fun game but Beat it pretty quickly and just didn't like the redneck Yankee music and speech..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »
I've been pondering over why I haven't flipped a game quickly. Could it be because I've purchased stuff I have played and enjoyed immensely prior to purchase? Those that have sold quickly, can you recall your purchase reasoning. Maybe your games were like one night stands that you've decided to marry and then found out it was a big mistake??? Am interested
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »
I've been pondering over why I haven't flipped a game quickly. Could it be because I've purchased stuff I have played and enjoyed immensely prior to purchase? Those that have sold quickly, can you recall your purchase reasoning. Maybe your games were like one night stands that you've decided to marry and then found out it was a big mistake??? Am interested

Mine was a cheap project pin. Was offered the WCS for 500 so jumped at it. Wasn't working and very dirty. This was one case where the seller could have said it's probably just a fuse and be correct. It was literally 3 blown fuses. A lot of hrs cleaning and removing a Mylar type material from the entire playfield and it was like a new machine. Just a pity it was a beautiful, clean and new looking turd!
As the myth busters proved, you can polish a turd. Only thing is it still smells like a turd.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
For me it was Monster Bash . Think I only had it for a bit over a week ( maybe 2 by the time it actually sold ) . Nothing wrong with the pin . It's a great game that I would have back in my collection if I had the room or the $ . Only reason I sold it was Stern announced the release of Metallica a few days after buying it so needed the cash to buy the LE .

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 08:49:41 AM »
For me it was Monster Bash . Think I only had it for a bit over a week ( maybe 2 by the time it actually sold ) . Nothing wrong with the pin . It's a great game that I would have back in my collection if I had the room or the $ . Only reason I sold it was Stern announced the release of Metallica a few days after buying it so needed the cash to buy the LE .

I was really happy with Stern's release of Metallica.       You are not getting MB back!   *.* 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”