Author Topic: CPR new preorder list up  (Read 7472 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: CPR new preorder list up
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

Cheers for posting that.  I thought I had missed them when I never responded to the original list before it closed.

Given this is a long time wanted pin for me, figured it wouldn't hurt to grab one and store it for a rainy day.  Hopefully I will eventually pick up a trashed game one day to put it in, although the prices this game seems to fetch these days  ^&^

Im looking forward to them finishing those Whirlwinds playfields too!!

Not intending to offend anyone, but why do people stock up on playfields like water after an apocalypse?

If your playfield is in good condition you can protect it forever with Mylar, playfield protectors, new clearcoats, or any number of other methods.

If it is in poor shape, why not just get it restored and do the above to protect it, or just install the new one and stop using the damaged one?

Not complaining as it is good business for CPR and the hobby as a whole. Just curious.

Some are beyond repair or would cost more than they are worth to repair/restore. It's also a lot easier when swapping playfields is you have a replacement sitting there ready to go.
Either way it's nice to have options.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: CPR new preorder list up
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »

Cheers for posting that.  I thought I had missed them when I never responded to the original list before it closed.

Given this is a long time wanted pin for me, figured it wouldn't hurt to grab one and store it for a rainy day.  Hopefully I will eventually pick up a trashed game one day to put it in, although the prices this game seems to fetch these days  ^&^

Im looking forward to them finishing those Whirlwinds playfields too!!

Not intending to offend anyone, but why do people stock up on playfields like water after an apocalypse?

If your playfield is in good condition you can protect it forever with Mylar, playfield protectors, new clearcoats, or any number of other methods.

If it is in poor shape, why not just get it restored and do the above to protect it, or just install the new one and stop using the damaged one?

Not complaining as it is good business for CPR and the hobby as a whole. Just curious.

I buy playfield for games I have in my collection, and games I want in my collection. I also buy them for future projects for customers.

Collectors buy them for games they are chasing. This is good for the rest of us as CPR need to have a certain number of interested buyers before producing the playfields. I don't think people buy them to hang on a wall. I know some dealers buy them, store them for 2-3 years, then sell them at inflated prices.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia