Author Topic: Swappable Flipper Bats  (Read 9630 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Swappable Flipper Bats
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:16:31 PM »
I have uploaded the files to Shapeways and unfortunately it will be a product that needs the customer to tap a few holes so sadly I don't expect many sales. This is because if I shipped the parts to Aus, tapped the holes and shipped back to the US or Europe the additional postage cost alone would be $30USD alone on top of the flipper set in which no one will buy.

I am happy to help people out at cost for a tap and some bolts in a envelop for around $10 AUD or for someone to buy a small batch of posts and tap and distribute locally in your country as a reseller or help out mates.

Unfortunately not the cheapest mod at the cheapest set from shapeways at about $74 USD and dearest full optioned out set at $90 USD. But on the flip side the 3 1/8" bats can change how a game plays eg ghostbusters flipper gap can be reduced to a regular game almost. So in comparison to regular available flippers this is an expensive upgrade but compared to other mods that just sit there and blink this is a affordable mod and functional.

leave it to you to decide, these still have to tested more so can offer the first 1-2 people keen my 20% shapeways royality back as a refund as well as post the tap and screws & postage free of charge so you can help me test.

the flipper parts can be found here
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksflipper&sort=name

also the blank flippers on top I have opened up a custom text feature so you can put a event name, game name, business name on there as a engraved feature.

Manual and flipper set images to be added very soon to this post.

I will be working on lit flippers and other flippers with unique game features in the near future. In the end I am doing this for myself and not phased if they don't sell but would be stoked if a few people bought them.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts